Brand & Communications Manager
Ark FoodsApply for this Job
Come join a fast-growing food brand that is revolutionizing what we eat. Ark Foods is a modern-day farming company that creates simple, fresh, and exciting food. From our plant-based veggie bowls to the specialty vegetables that we grow at our farm locations up and down the East Coast, Ark Foods is rethinking modern agriculture from the ground up.
You can find our branded products in Whole Foods, Walmart, Costco, and other leading retailers across the USA.
Ark Foods is seeking a Brand & Communications Manager to manage how we share our brand. with the world.
The Brand & Communications Manager will lead all external messaging efforts on behalf of the entire company. This role will report directly to our Director of Shopper Marketing, and will include substantial direct collaboration with other key team members, including our CEO, COO, and creative team.
Key Work Streams
- Be the engine to help drive our brand forward. Conceive and execute brand messaging ideas and initiatives to broaden and deepen our brand engagement with the broader public, building on our unique brand values and positioning
- Be the outward facing voice of our company
- Develop strategy and manage all PR-related work streams. Pitch to media contacts and secure brand-building, differentiating press coverage on behalf of Ark Foods
- Drive social media strategy and own execution of all messaging
- Take our nascent influencer marketing program to the next level, building a key channel for brand awareness and product trial
- Build brand equity and customer interest through thoughtful and well-executed brand partnerships across platforms
- Serve as the brand and customer steward, ensuring consistency and compelling copy and creative across all outward facing sales,marketing and packaging materials
- Develop and execute a robust content strategy for our website to drive brand affinity among business partners and consumers
- Engage and communicate with brand loyalists and fans
- Substantial communications / marketing experience for a consumer brand, ideally in the world of food
- Track record of delivering brand results at a small company
- Experience obtaining press / PR
- Exceptional writing skills
- Very strong organizational skills
- Willingness to do the small things
- Comfort with ambiguity and fast pace
- Desire to learn more, and collaborate with a world-class team of colleagues
In Your Favor
- Love of food
- Have built a brand for both business partners and consumers
- Experience with...
... young brands or products
Highly competitive compensation package
Healthcare and other benefits
Generous vacation policy
Based in Brooklyn, NY (job will be remote to start, given current pandemic)
All the specialty veggies you can eat!
About Ark Foods
We are a modern-day farming company that creates simple, fresh, and exciting food. We believe there’s magic in growing and eating vegetables and we work every day to share this feeling with the world. We’ve built our own ecosystem and are deeply involved at every stage of production, from purchasing the highest quality seeds to growing crops responsibly, and producing imaginative food that, in any form it might take, will be remarkable.
Ark Foods is known for popularizing shishito peppers, but now offers a full suite of branded veggie products, including our specialty pepper line, our heat-and-eat veggie bowls, even pepper cooking kits and squash snack packs. We operate three production facilities up and down the East Coast, including a fully operational fresh cut facility in New Jersey, and are in a period of rapid growth, with revenue and headcount more than doubling every single year.