Business Development Manager - California
Mother Earth Brewing CompanyApply for Job
The Business Development Manager- California is responsible for delivering sales growth in our biggest market. This key sales position will focus on enhancing and supporting the efforts of our California distributors, presenting and securing programming in local and regional key accounts, and managing the efforts of the Mother Earth field sales force. This position will be based in Vista, California and will report to the Director of National Accounts.
- Serve as the primary distributor liaison for our top California distributors- ensuring Mother Earth’s brand is top of mind. Coordinate and communicate with distributor management, including District Managers (DM’s) and Area Sales Managers (ASM’s) to execute on all programming and opportunities. Primary focus is Southern California market with expansion to Northern California as warranted.
- Develop and present Mother Earth initiatives, products, and programming to multi-unit account buyers, both on and off premise. Work aggressively in the field to identify new business opportunities and to translate leads into tangible results.
- Manage a group of direct reporting field sales representatives charged with developing business in their respective territories. Establish priorities, routing, and reporting policies to track and evaluate progress towards defined objectives.
- Communicate with the sales and production teams to ensure deadlines and commitments are met.
- Ideal Candidate will have a minimum of 4 years’ sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry (Beer Category Preferred) with at least 2 years’ experience interacting with key accounts in both the on and off-premise channels. Distributor experience preferred but not required
- A proven track record of success in establishing relationships and converting those relationships into expanded sales. Ideal candidate will have existing relationships with the buyers from accounts including but not limited to Stater Bros, Baron’s Marketplace, Grocery Outlet, Slaters 50/50, Islands and others.
- Outstanding in-person demeanor and presentation skills
- Solid knowledge of beer styles, key flavor/aroma descriptors and the basic brewing process
- Demonstrated success in working with distributor partners, preferably within the beer industry
- Demonstrated success managing employees
- Ability to understand and utilize scan/depletion and other syndicated data (IRI/Nielson/VIP).
- Demonstrated understanding of the 3-tier system and distributor/retailer pricing structures.
- Specific examples of strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Direct experience meeting and presenting to national/key retailers and alcohol distributors.
- Proficient with Windows OS, Microsoft Office Suite of products as well as IOS based devices.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide a current (30 day) DMV record without restrictions.
- Must be able to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time and be able to lift/move 55lbs repetitively.
- Must be willing and able to travel (primarily car based) with overnight travel less than 10%