National Foodservice Sales Manager
Miyoko's CreameryApply for Job
As Miyoko’s Creamery National Foodservice Sales Manager you will have the unique opportunity to help the fastest growing US plant-based cheese and butter brand in the retail channel develop and execute a strategy in the food service channel. Reporting to and working with our VP of Sales, you will develop partnerships with QSRs, family casual, institutional, and corporate dining customers.
As part of this team, you will be at the forefront of strategically introducing Miyoko’s Creamery products into mainstream food service channels. You will inspire trial and conversion through your work and partnership with senior management, supply chain and purchasing managers, and distributors.
The Food Service team is part of a broader strategy that necessitates close internal partnerships within and across Miyoko’s Marketing, Finance, Innovation, Operations and Retail Sales teams, encompassing and developing Miyoko’s entire portfolio of cheese, butter, and innovation.
- Develop channel strategies with the VP Sales for QSRs, Fast Casual, Corporate, and Institutional operators, including tactics for trial and conversion.
- Develop and nurture a robust network of US distributors, creating educational and incentivization programs for distributors’ sales teams to optimize best product practices and application with widespread trial and adoption.
- Help QSRs corporate customers inspire, educate, and promote Miyoko’s co-branding among franchisees throughout the US.
- Manage customer accounts with consistent and frequent interaction, creating opportunities to introduce new products, proactively mitigate and solve complaints, and optimize placement and culinary use of Miyoko’s products.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop co-branding programs to support successful product launches and ongoing sales, in addition to assisting with the development and review of Food Service Sales tools.
- Research, source, and analyze data to uncover insights for use in creating and shaping food service strategy and tactics.
- Identify and leverage customer-specific and channel marketing opportunities by prioritizing and capitalizing on channel, customer, and shopper insights, and linking to brand strategy.
- Operate with breakthrough thinking and tremendous hustle. Challenge the prevailing food service status quo by consistently representing Miyoko’s as a problem-solving and income generating brand within the food service sector.
Working knowledge of finance, accounting and budgeting principles, ideally with prior experience in scaling a startup to a CPG powerhouse within truncated timelines. Able to network and communicate with confidence in all situations with all levels of leadership both internally and externally. Ability to navigate and thrive in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, with a solid sense of humor and resilience.
- Contacts: With the launch of Miyoko’s brand into Foodservice channel, the individual must possess a strong list of contacts and previous relationships with foodservice operators that helps opens the door to discussions and eventual distribution of branded opportunities and ingredient sales to target companies and operators.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Elevated ability to work across internal teams, including Innovation, Operations, Marketing, Retail Sales and Senior Management to ensure alignment on ideation, and execution of food service sector strategy with excellence.
- Culinary Depth:Strong, practical knowledge of culinary best practices. Develop strong rapport internally with Innovation Team to understand the mechanism of action behind Miyoko’s products’ flavor and function profiles. Effectively communicate these profiles to and adapt for various customers, including executive teams, food scientists, purchasers, and supply chain managers. This individual needs to be the voice of the foodservice customer and will be charged to bring the ideas and solutions to build this channel.
- Insights Translation: Knowledge of and ability to gather, interpret and apply multiple consumer/industry insights and trends used in the development of marketing strategies and programs, and translate into persuasive storytelling that inspire customer trial and conversion, and by extension consumer adoption.
- Deliver budgeted growth in national foodservice markets by working with end users, brokers, distributors, and other customers to plan and execute the sales and marketing plans of the organization.
- Develop and Implement Customer Account Plans that assesses the business results as well as identify the key opportunities and strategy for growth.
- Work closely with Marketing to Create Strategic Growth Plans based on identifying new customer prospects in the Food Service Channel and subsectors.
- Establish sales quotas, manage and train selected distributors to achieve annual business goals.
- Present products, conduct competitive cuttings, and use other related information with clients to gain sales and establish accounts by emphasizing salable features and the quality advantage of our products versus the competition.
- Serve as primary contact with key customers and represents the company at trade shows and association meetings to promote products and services.
- Prepare reports and analyzes sales statistics to determine sales potential, inventory requirements, and customer preferences.
- Ability to engage and sell across various departments including Corporate Chefs, Food Scientists, Marketing, and Procurement.
- Ensure that all forecasts and floor stock agreements for assigned accounts are up-to-date and performs post analysis for accuracy.
- Participate in developing customer presentation materials that demonstrate the value proposition comparted to competitive set.
- Work with Supply Chain to ensure optimum service levels for customer needs.
- Execute headquarters plans while seeking increased volume opportunities and utilizing expertise to maximize portfolio performance and overall category growth. Influencing cross functional areas including Marketing, Supply Chain, Customer Marketing, Business Management and Retail Sales.
- Minimum 8 years related experience in the foodservice industry
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required
- Travel required to customers and distributors
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Position can be either home of office based