Craft Beer Enthusiasts - Canning Technician
Iron Heart Canning Co.Apply for this Job
Hiring Urgently for: Cleveland, OH
For all other available locations, check out our website!
This is the perfect opportunity for craft beer enthusiasts looking to get a start in the beer industry or experienced industry professionals looking to advance their career. Iron Heart Canning, a mobile canning company that packages beer for many of the region's top craft breweries, is seeking a dependable, hardworking individual to join our team. We have a culture of promoting from within, and the Canning Technician position is the first stage in our Operator training program where every new hire starts. The position offers hands-on training and tremendous growth potential for the right candidate.
As a Canning Technician, you will start in an important support role to the Lead Canning Line Operator. You will learn everything you need to know about working for Iron Heart, mastering the Canning Technician position, and what it takes to become a Lead Canning Line Operator at Iron Heart. Initial tasks include:
- Supporting the Lead Canning Line Operator to operate a mobile Wild Goose canning line
- Learning Iron Heart’s quality and operational standard operating procedures
- Unloading and setting up equipment in the morning, as well as breaking down and packing up at the end of the day
- Mixing sanitizing chemicals and thoroughly cleaning equipment
- Weighing cans to ensure they contain just the right amount of beer
- Working the depalletizer to provide the canning line with a steady supply of cans throughout the day
- Collaborating with the brewery staff
- Driving a box truck to-from the customer job site
- Learning to efficiently and safely operate heavy packaging machinery
- Learning the steps required to advance in the company
Ideal candidates for this position fit the following description:
- Mechanical: Equipment doesn’t always work as it should. As a Canning Technician, you’ll often need to independently troubleshoot issues and make on-site adjustments/repairs.
- Physically Fit: Mobile canning requires strength, coordination, and endurance. You’ll need to hull 150-lb. pallets of cans, push the 800-lb. canning line into place (it is on wheels), stay on your feet for lengthy 12-hour shifts, and perform countless other physical tasks.
- Flexible Schedule: Every week is different, depending on the breweries scheduled. Long hours and overnight stays are common.
- Hardworking: Pride in your work, self-motivation, attention to detail, and a positive attitude are all essential.
- Brewery/Packaging Experience: Industry or packaging line experience is a big plus, but not requirement. Homebrewing experience is also helpful.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions at job sites including loud noise, high and low temperatures and small working areas. Physical demands:
- Ability to continuously stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to perform repetitive motion functions in support of canning line operations.
- Ability to pass a DOT physical and motor vehicle driving record review
- Ability to travel 4-5 days a week
- Occasional overnights are expected
- Profit Sharing
- Maternal/Paternal Leave
- 40 Hours of sick time
- Seven paid holidays per calendar year
Iron Heart Canning Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time