Sales Representative- Cincinnati
Fifty West BrewingApply for this Job
Recognized by the Brewer’s Association as one of the “50 Fastest Growing” American breweries, Fifty West Brewing Co, is seeking a Sales Representative for their home market of Cincinnati, Ohio. This role develops, provides, and maintains the link between the wholesaler-to-retailer relationship.
Activity includes: account visits, store audits, analyzing sales data, assisting with marketing efforts and identifying branding opportunities. The ideal candidate lives in the Cincinnati area, has relevant industry experience, a strong sense of ownership, and proven history of working with on and off-premise accounts. This individual needs great communication skills, and must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Strategy and Operations.
- Build partnerships with strategic accounts, both on and off-premise, in assigned territory.
- Achieve brand sales goals within allocated territory.
- Negotiate with existing and potential accounts for best product placement, promotions, branding, etc.
- Effectively manage and optimize an account portfolio while also opening new accounts.
- Develop tactics and materials necessary to pitch Fifty West Brewing Co to new potential partners.
- Initiate sales process accounts by scheduling appointments, making initial presentations, and understanding account requirements.
- Communicate at all times with distributor representatives to ensure proper management of allocations and inventory.
- Work directly with territory wholesalers and their sales staff to promote the sale of the brand.
- Manage promotional activities for new and existing products at accounts.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Team and Vice President to develop new promotions etc.
Organizing and Planning
- Maintain an updated and documented sales route
- Review daily activity to segment and prioritize your accounts as needed to maximize sales potential. Evaluate brand performance against inventory levels.
- Manage and communicate opportunity pipeline using LilyPad CRM.
- Develop target lists built from goals and objectives.
- Analyze and develop sales opportunities from sales reports.
- Maintain regular communication with other sales team members as well as Vice President.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to ensure products are presented in a way that engages our customers and delivers a brand experience consistent with our goals.
- Build and maintain a positive rapport with new and existing accounts through consistent communication, diligent attention to account’s needs, and dependable service.
- Maintain consistent market visitation schedule between all assigned territories.
Judgment and Decision-Making
- Make intelligent sales decisions through a strong understanding of our brand, industry trends, customer demand, and historical data.
- Adjust sales tactics to market trends and a dynamic, opportunity-based sales environment.
- Develops new business.
- Identifies and sells to customer needs.
- Translates product features to benefits.
- Good listening skills. Sensitive to customers.
- Delivers effective presentations.
- Negotiates well, uses closing skills appropriately.
- Develops sales skills.
- Focused on customers and committed to increasing customer satisfaction.
- Listens and understands customers’ needs and assumes responsibility for solving problems; ensures commitments are met.
- Solicits opinions and ideas from customers.
- Knows and explains product benefits.
- Understands and sells the full product line.
- Understands customer’s business operations and needs.
- Understands and responds to the competition.
- Applies market knowledge.
- Acts on opportunities and seeks out new responsibilities.
- Tackles problems and takes independent action.
- Generates new ideas, originates action, practices self-development.
- Actively seeks opportunities to contribute rather than passively accepting situations.
- Acts to achieve goals beyond what is necessarily called for.
- Maintains a high level of interest and enthusiasm for job responsibilities.
- Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities.
- Ensures accuracy & completion of work, focuses on desired results.
- Assist at all special events and festivals in the territory.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned (e.g. submit expense/mileage reports).
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Physical Skill and Effort
- Significant travel to various locations (customer or company) within region up to many hours per day
- Sitting, standing, walking—ability to travel to, attend, and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Requires considerable visual attention with attention to detail
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs
- Must be 21 or over to apply.
- Must live in Ohio – preferably Cincinnati.
- Valid Driver’s License with No Travel Restrictions
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in the three-tier distribution system, either with a wholesaler or supplier.
- Must have strong knowledge of the craft beer industry and its retail consumers. Including knowledge of Fifty West Brewing Co products.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve goals through collaboration with marketing.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with account partners in retail and distribution.
- Possess excellent communication skills including oral, written and interpersonal.
- Excellent negotiation skills, ability to engage with accounts and close sales efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically.
- Inquisitive nature, not afraid to investigate solutions independently.
- Proactive attitude, ability to react to unforeseen situations.
- Strong time management skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Flexibility to take on new brands and territories and succeed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30,000.00 - $42,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- Brewery Sales: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- On the road
- Team Lead
- Waiting period may apply