Southern Tier Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Here’s your opportunity to join a growing organization committed to revolutionizing the craft industry. Southern Tier Brewing Company was founded in 2002 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, a top 10 regional craft alcohol company in the United States. Southern Tier is recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
What an exciting time to join the team at Southern Tier Brewing Company! Withour Pittsburgh & Cleveland locations as well as our Charlotte location with our friends at Victory Brewing Company, Bold Rock Cider, & Sixpoint Brewing, the opportunities here are limitless. Becoming a member of the STBC team means you’re joining a truly unique and progressing organization that values the employees’ enthusiasm, commitment, and desire to work with others.
We are looking for world class candidates who share in our vision towards becoming a world class organization.
The Brewing Manager is responsible for managing the Brewing Department in Lakewood which includes creating and managing the staff schedule, production schedule, ERP software, brewer training program, and document control. The Brewing Manager may also be a technical expert and must occasionally fill-in for the Brew House and Cellar Supervisors when necessary to accomplish shift to shift work direction and inventory counts.
This position will be located at Southern Tier Brewing in Lakewood, NY.
Reports to: Director of Brewing
- Ensure that all brewing and cellaring activities are run safely and in accordance with SOPs
- Schedule Brewing staff to cover all Brew House and Cellar shifts
- Manage PTO requests and approve hours in Ultipro
- Schedule production with Production Coordinator
- Work with Brew House and Cellar Supervisors to ensure that all Brewing Department production expression in Obeer occurs accurately and on time
- Owns the Brewer Training program, monitors progress, and ensures that documentation is complete and accurate
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion and archiving of all documentation in the Brewing Department
Collaborate - Worked cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and other areas. Partners with other to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others.
Action Oriented - Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps other achieve results.
Plans & Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Minimum one year management/supervisory experience
- Minimum five years of professional brewing or food/beverage manufacturing experience
- Candidate should be able and willing to lift at least 31.5 lbs. from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor. The candidate should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another by sliding it on the floor.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver's license check.
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures of the worksite.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer