Terrafertil US LLCApply for this Job
Terrafertil is a start-up team within Nestlé USA that is pioneering healthy snacking and superfood innovations. We sell two brands, Nature’s Heart and Essential Living Foods, to a variety of customers in the US from Sprouts to Costco. We’re in the unique position to work quickly and nimbly as a small team and also leverage the resources and support of the world’s largest food and beverage company.
Founded by three brothers in Ecuador, Terrafertil now operates in over 30 countries with the mission of making plant-based nutrition accessible to all consumers. Nestle acquired Terrafertil in 2018, and Terrafertil in the US has a dedicated 9 person team based in Torrance, CA.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work with Operations Manager to monitor inventory levels and determine materials needed for new production runs.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders to suppliers based on manufacturing schedule, verify and confirm specifications, closely monitor and track orders while communicating internally and externally about timing and changes, and authorize payment for purchases.
- Maintain records of purchases (Packing Slip and COA’s) and formula updates.
- Collect and maintain vendor and product certification files and assist the QA Manager with submitting documentation to our certifying bodies (CCOF, Gluten Free, Non- GMO, Kosher, Vegan).
- Maintain office inventory and manage all samples requests into and out of our office.
- Research potential vendors for innovations.
- Support the QA department with vendor approval processes.
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses.
- Provides a purchasing planning analysis by reviewing inventory needs throughout all of our co-packers, summarizing data, and trends.
- Create new item codes and barcodes within our working software, Netsuite.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in purchasing and sourcing
- Ability to synthesize information to see where problems exist and follow through execution of solutions.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in computer office systems Word and Excel.
- Experience using NetSuite preferred
- High level of organization, integrity and ethics.
- Able to work independently without constant supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills