Regional Sales Manager - Celsius Inc.
Celsius, Inc.Apply for this Job
CELSIUS’ REGIONAL AREA MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Reports to Director of Sales
- # of Direct Reports: 0 – 5
- Level above the District Manager, leading up to the Director of Sales position,
REGIONAL MANAGER POSITION OVERVIEW
This position is responsible for driving results across a regional territory of the zone. This RM role is designed to dive into a more detailed focus to attain the zone sales goals. This role is an advanced role beyond the District Manager role, and may have assigned DMs as direct reports, or be held without direct reports, given the regional structure, and at the Zone Director’s direction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF RMINCLUDE: (CORE ASPECTS OF DAILY ROLE)
- Manages an region of the zone which would include one or more states
- Creates business plan for region which achieves sales objectives aligned with zone sales objectives and is responsible for the delivery of results of the business plan goals and objectives including: sales/revenue performance for assigned areas
- Calls directly on senior management at distributors, sub-distributors, and/or wholesalers as targeted in business plan, and cultivates strong, multi-level relationships within customer organization
- Manages / Leads a team of DMs and TMs as assigned and pending the size of the region, including managing team members to achieve goals of the business plan, supporting them with training activities, and establishes/manages call frequency, sales call and merchandising standards, to ensure preferred performance, and holds regular team calls.
- RM monitors and manages the execution of all sales reporting programs as determined by the senior executive team, VP Sales or Zone Director. Monitoring Sales Force and other tools to track productivity of team members.
- Travels to all areas of territory to grow business, identifying and acquiring new business opportunities in both existing and prospective key accounts
- Identifies strategic distribution partners and negotiates partnerships within assigned geographical region which meet organization’s profit and growth goals
- Operational responsibilities include: budgeting sales revenue, forecasting inventory to ensure regional customer’s needs and demands are met as business scales
- Calls on regional key accounts or other chain accounts in specific region
- Assigned areas of customer / trade management might include but are not limited to:
- Convenience channel
- Conventional Grocery channel
- Natural channel – in areas where assigned
- Drug channel – in areas where assigned
- Regional Managers target and develop routes to market which include any and all means necessary to achieve shelf presence.
- Regional Manager business plans created in conjunction with Director of Sales should include RM’s relationship development with senior level personnel at routes to market such as:
- DSD – key distributors with portfolios and geographies which match our goals
- Wholesalers – including key customers to land large wholesalers and relay this information to key wholesaler’s senior management. “Work” the wholesaler team to ensure the retail locations are maximized for said wholesaler, opening/penetrating as many wholesaler customers as possible.
- RM seeks pre-approval from Director of Sales and sign off on regional business plan prior to the pursuit of a wholesaler relationship, as these relationships may cross exclusive DSD contracts and be complicated in nature.
- Regional Key Account Chains or divisions of major national accounts – accounts which the company assigns an RM, or RM surfaces as a prospective lead, should be discussed with the Director of Sales or fall under the guidance of the VP National Accounts to ensure the route to market is correct, profitable, and determine key business objectives to reach zone’s goals.
- Set goals and track activity for assigned DM/TMs within district and report results to Manager. Always make cold availability and displays a priority.
- Ensure Sales Force is utilized at all times/as suggested with self and others in Region.
- Ensure self and direct reports know how to calculate retailer math (cost, margin, retail, penny profit, etc.), and adhere to MAP standards on pricing and promotions in the trade.
- Ensure all direct reports and supporting team (brokers, wholesalers, distributors) are using the updated branded, marketing and selling materials at all times for all channels of trade.
- Proactively reposition direct reports daily activities to ensure regional coverage to achieve business objectives. As market dynamics change, the RM will be responsible for utilizing the tools (Sales Force, etc.) to maximize efficiency of all direct reports.
- Maintain established customer relations in key accounts and training direct reports to do the same
- Manages team of direct reports or customers in assigned area to achieve all goals set forth by the Director of Sales and senior sales leadership
- Works with or rides along with DSD companies at a minimum of 1 trade day per quarter
- Rides with or works directly with subordinates 3 days per quarter, rotating team members to coach, mentor and train, also evaluate, motivate and challenge
Administrative Duties include:
- Propose trade show schedule to Trade Marketing Manager, to generate area business through key wholesalers, or retailer partners. Potentially oversee or manage tradeshow execution with direct reports or local event team.
- To maintain Sales Force app – training is the team member’s responsibility, request in writing additional training if necessary.
- Uses the app as instructed
- Participates with your Zone Director in summary discussions to ensure we are maximizing the efficiencies of your app and workflow as assigned.
- Adhering to company policies – social platforms, expenses, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by zone director or corporate leadership
- Reviews case volume reports by distributor or wholesaler as available.
- Responsible for accessing any retailer portals to upload new items, maintain or download promotional timeframes or pricing
- Analyzes post promotional effects on volume and net dollars
- Works with Director of Sales to retrieve zone case volume and builds tools if necessary, to monitor (predict) volume gains / losses within quarter.
- Is responsible for communicating any forecasted shortages prior to month or quarter end to create plan in conjunction with Director of Sales to close gaps
- Forecasts for regional customers by sku and turns in all forecasts on time as directed by zone or senior CELH staff members
- Fills out all reports on time at the request of Director of Sales or corporate leadership
- Adheres to the highest standards of integrity with all reporting, expenses, relationships with others, and timeliness / attendance at work
Leading subordinate team members, the RM role takes on the following responsibilities: