Director of Sales East
OlipopApply for Job
OLIPOP was founded in 2017 by Ben Goodwin and David Lester. Ben and David have been working together for nearly a decade to find accessible solutions to bring the benefits of digestive health to as many consumers as possible.
OLIPOP is a deliciously refreshing tonic that is crafted with prebiotics, botanicals, and natural plant fiber to support your microbiome and benefit digestive health. We're on a mission to provide an affordable, delicious alternative to soda that delivers leading-edge health benefits to mainstream consumers.
OLIPOP was created with the idea that diversity matters: in the food we eat, in our microbiome, and in our communities. Our team is a group of diverse, community-minded individuals who are passionate about helping people from all walks of life make healthier decisions that will impact their overall wellness. We have an emphasis on high performance, growth mindset, authenticity, and having fun in what we do!
OLIPOP is looking for a Director of Sales East to represent us in the East Coast. In this role, you’ll prioritize your time to focus on the highest impact areas while working with and inspiring our DSD partners, third-party sales resources, retailers, and dynamic team to deliver a whole greater than the sum of its parts. You’ll be leading, managing, and owning the business across the entire East Coast. With laser focus, you’ll be exploring and driving new opportunities, while also building on the high velocities we’re already seeing in the market.
The DOS will work closely with the Senior Director of Sales and company Co-Founders to further the development, sales, and promotion of the brand and build brand loyalty across all sales channels. If you’re looking for a fast pace, personal growth, responsibility, and a lot of fun along the way, then this is a role you’ll thrive in.
- Collaborate with senior management, marketing, and national accounts to communicate and execute against company strategic direction, priorities, and financial guardrails.
- Establish and manage partnerships with DSD distributors and regional food brokers.
- Establish and communicate a monthly volume and distribution plan to achieve overall objectives in the market.
- Translate national business strategy into clear and locally executable plans and focus resources accordingly within the territory.
- Negotiate funding agreements with distributor partners for all channels of trade.
- Design and implement incentive programs intended to guide distributor organizations in achieving sales objectives.
- Execute and evaluate rolling forecasts against annual plans on a monthly basis.
- Leverage key consumption data sources, developing fact-based plans, and solutions.
- Manage key retailers: establish promotion calendars, new items, trade spend investment, post-promo analysis, and retail programs.
- Build innovative presentations for total business and distribution partners designed to initiate an action-oriented response.
- Lead, motivate, mentor, coach, and train a team of Regional Managers to deliver results by establishing measurable goals by territory and customer.
- Provide category management leadership and marketplace insights and analysis.
- Conceive of and execute big-picture short and long term plans for portfolio architecture, territory expansion, marketing support, budgets, sales forecasts by SKU, and distributors. Create vision, goals, strategies, objectives, and tactics.
- Accountable for cost containment, sales growth, revenue, and profit growth.
- Deeply passionate about Olipop, and inspired by what we represent. Has the desire and hunger to make an impact.
- Obsession for understanding customer behavior: lives, breaths & dreams about how to better reach and understand our consumers.
- Enthusiastic and comfortable working in an early-stage company. Ability to think rapidly in a growing and changing environment.
- Experience in the Natural Products Industry and relevant classes of trade with CPG selling background in (refrigerated/ambient/frozen) spaces highly preferred.
- Established relationships and experience working with key retail accounts in the region, including Rainforest Distribution preferred.
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously – you can run with something from beginning to end.
- Works well with ambiguity – can navigate in the grey and asks the right questions to get at the solution.
- Analyze opportunities quickly and have the ability to execute company goals efficiently.
- Resourcefulness to improvise and adapt to deal with daily challenges via creative problem-solving.
- Strong planning, organization and project management skills, along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills. Full competence with Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- 5-10 years of experience in sales within a consumer-packaged-goods company.
- Proficient in Data Tools (SPINS, Retailer Portals) and Trade Math (selling price, margins, etc.).
- Clean driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of insurance.
- Bachelor's degree preferred