Market Manager (South Missouri and Arkansas region)
Duvel Moortgat USAApply for Job
Duvel Moortgat USA is internationally recognized as a leader in the high-end luxury beer segment. We are currently seeking a Market Manager to oversee the South Missouri and Arkansas markets. The preferred candidate will live in, or be willing to relocate to, the Springfield area. Competitive salary, bonus, mileage reimbursement, medical/dental, 401k, and other benefits available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate activities of wholesalers within assigned area of responsibility, ensuring the implementation of all sales and marketing programs for the entire portfolio
- Motivate distributor management and sales force in order to achieve sales objectives, including the development and oversight of wholesaler incentive programming
- Focus on selling products and/or upgrading number of product lines across distribution channels
- Identify core accounts that are not being penetrated with Duvel USA products and develop a plan to establish business with such accounts
- Collect data on distributor pricing, distribution, volume and general market information.
- Compile and submit reports required for the sales division
- Operate effectively within corporate and budgetary guidelines
- Conduct wait-staff/bartender educations, beer tastings and beer dinners
- Ensure proper merchandising of on- and off-premise accounts
- Plan and execute on-premise promotions as required
- Be responsible for the allocation and use of all point-of-sale materials
- Develop and maintain close relationships with key accounts both on and off-premise
- Work with local distributors to increase brand awareness and consumption
- Train, schedule and manage 3rd party sampling teams
- Track and monitor progress in all identified accounts
- Observe all state and federal laws pertaining to the sale, merchandising and promotion of malt beverages
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three to five years malt beverage experience, preferably with at least one year at a wine or beer distributor
- Ability to interface with various levels of management, at wholesale as well as retail
- Self-motivation and ability to work with limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to speak in front of large groups, conduct staff trainings and evening functions.
- Strong work ethic; demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities
- A competitive spirit with an assertive, confident personality
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results
- Willingness to travel overnight, reliable transportation and a good driving record
- Willingness and availability to work nights and weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point.