No Label Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
No Label Brewing Company, located in Katy, Texas (just west of Houston) is seeking a Head Brewer to join our team. We operate a 15 bbl brewhouse and produce more than 5000 bbls per year and our beers are distributed throughout the state. This is a salaried position. The ideal candidate will be hardworking, mechanically inclined, and of course passionate about beer and beer quality.
The Head Brewer will play an integral role in the day-to-day operations of the brewery. The candidate will be proficient in all areas of production brewing including, but not limited to: grain handling, yeast management, wort production, brewhouse operations, fermentation, production scheduling, cleaning and sanitization, as well as troubleshooting and overcoming challenges. This position reports to the Operations Manager and will serve as a member of the Operations Team.
• Preferred 5 years of brewing experience in a commercial brewery.
• Formal brewing education, training, certifications, or accreditation are a plus.
• Preferred 2 years managerial experience
• A thorough knowledge of brewing/process equipment including: malt milling equipment, brewhouse equipment, and cellar equipment.
• Proficient in Microsoft software - especially Excel spreadsheets.
• Skills applicable to general maintenance functions, including mechanical, and electrical are a plus.
• The ability to operate a forklift and scissor lift; current training certification is a plus.
• The ability to understand basic laboratory techniques and complete basic lab tests.
• The ability to work flexible hours, including evenings (rotating two-week shifts), and occasional weekends.
• The ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision in a collaborative and dynamic environment, while efficiently prioritizing tasks and effectively managing workload.
• The ability to lead a team and work as a team member.
• Possess acute sensory abilities to ensure beer quality.
• Maintain and operate our 15 bbl Premier Stainless Systems brewhouse and related equipment.
• Lead a team in producing a high volume of packaged/filled beer while maintaining a safe and efficient working environment, following all scheduling and required volumes per Operations Manager.
• Ensure daily brewing activities are completed in a timely manner.
• Maintain the integrity and “true to brand” profile of all our No Label Beers.
• Manage all consumables required in brewing operations. Ensure all raw ingredients (grain, hops, yeast, adjuncts, cellar consumables) are available per the brewing schedule so as to ensure no production shortages or stoppages.
• Manage inventory for chemicals needed for cleaning and sanitization.
• Ensure the Operations team adheres to No Label’s brewing principles and practices.
• Maintain the brewing and packaging schedules.
• Communicate the brewing and packaging schedule to the Operations team.
• Develop new beers for our taproom and the market.
• Record production and batch/lot data using log sheets.
• Assist brewery staff troubleshooting and occasional maintenance tasks.
• Identify opportunities for operational improvements.
Brewery Working Environment
The demands of the Head Brewer position are very physical in nature. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job you will be working over, under, and around machinery in tight and cramped spaces.
A good candidate will also need to be able to lift and/or move up to 160 pounds, be able to twist and turn repeatedly, be able to reach over their shoulders, and work in a standing, kneeling, walking, and crouching position at a steady pace for extended periods of time. The candidate must be comfortable working at heights of 10+ feet, while standing on a ladder or on a scissor lift. The candidate must be able to safely handle hazardous chemicals. This work environment involves indoor and outdoor activities in various temperatures and weather conditions. Employees are exposed to high levels of noise and other hazards requiring the use of personal protective equipment. Adherence to company policies is a must.
We offer salary commensurate with experience and education. We're looking to hire people who are serious about beer - without taking themselves too seriously. The ability to adapt to change, operate independently, work hard with a team-oriented mindset, and learn fast is a must. We offer health insurance and paid vacation. We also encourage regular participation within the brewing industry's local community, to include Texas Craft Brewer's guild activities, MBAA meetings, and other events.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Logan@nolabelbrew.com