Production (Packaging) Technician - In Distilling Warehouse
Cutwater SpiritsApply for this Job
Cutwater Spirits is currently hiring Production Technicians with open availability to join our growing team.
The Production Tech works on packaging lines to completes various tasks necessary to ship finished products from Cutwater Spirits. The Production Tech is responsible for: can-filling machinery, bottle-filling machinery, boxing machinery, pallet wrapping machinery, and other general production operations. They work as a valuable team member, and the position’s focus is on maintaining consistency and timeliness within the production function—all while maintaining high quality. This position works under the direction of the Operations Manager.
Daily Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities:
- Work on packaging lines (canning and bottling).
- Use a forklift to move materials and finished products.
- Unload packaging materials from pallets.
- Load finished products onto pallets.
- Maintain cleanliness of the distillery warehouse.
- Follows SOPs to ensure that products are packaged consistently.
- Works closely with the Operations Manager to ensure smooth operation of packaging machinery and equipment.
- Performs daily start-up and clean-up procedures on all assigned packaging stations.
- Works with maintenance employees/personnel to assist with equipment problems and troubleshooting.
- Performs daily basic maintenance for machinery.
- Assists in the production records management.
- Works to achieve packaging/distribution short and long-term goals and metrics.
- Adheres to all safety precautions, rules and guidelines.
- May stack and palletize finished product and prepare storage.
- May manually operate all phases of packaging in the case of machinery failure/maintenance.
- Embraces and fulfills the core values and culture of Cutwater Spirits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understands and employs a Safety-First approach.
- Ability to maintain a Food Handler’s Certification.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to lift of 40-60 pounds.
- Ability to manipulate large quantities of bottles, packaging materials, hoses, pallets, etc. with hands.
- Ability to work independently as well as strong team orientation and ability to work with diverse group of individuals.
- Technical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Scheduling flexibility–ability to work a variety of shifts and availability on weekends and nights/overnights.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Education and Experience:
- Prior food/beverage production experience (preferred).
- Prior forklift experience (preferred).
- MUST have scheduling flexibility: Ability to work a variety of shifts and availability on weekdays, weekends, and nights/overnights.
Cutwater Spirits offers competitive pay, benefits and a fantastic work environment. Compensation package includes paid time off, holidays, and ability to participate in company benefit programs (health, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA and 401k).
If you are a smart, dedicated person that gets excited about leading a fantastic team in a fast-paced environment, this might be the right position for you. If you think you have what it takes to be our next rockstar Production Technician, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.