Sales Representative - Boston Area
Longbow Distribution LLCApply for this Job
Longbow Distribution LLC is a small MA wholesaler of craft beers, ciders, spirits and other unique beverages. Launched in late 2016, Longbow proudly distributes some of the best beers and ciders in the world across our home state.
Candidates with significant sales experience in the wholesaler or brewery tiers will be strongly preferred for this position. The hire will be responsible for sales in the Boston area, including Suffolk, Middlesex, Essex, Norfolk, Bristol and Plymouth counties. Success in this position will likely develop into a territory management position as our company continues to grow. This position requires residence in the area of the territory.
Requisite Skills & Qualities
Self-Motivation – Sales representatives develop and maintain a route within certain territories, establishing new accounts and working regularly with buyers in a manner that is efficient and productive. Sales representatives are expected to fill and maintain their own daily route/schedule, as well as following through on new directives and goals.
Organization – Sales representatives cover a wide territory and sell from a diverse portfolio. Excellent organizational skills and habits are necessary to stay on top of orders and incoming shipments, meet regularly with buyers, understand Longbow's pricing, and all other aspects of maintaining routes.
Professionalism – Sales representatives are the main point of contact between accounts and our organization. Courteous, patient and professional conduct which furthers our mission, reinforces our vision and exemplifies our values is expected at all times and in all situations.
Appetite for Knowledge – Our staff is expected to continuously develop their knowledge of beer and other beverages, the nuances of their accounts and prospects, technical knowledge useful in diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with products or draft systems, market trends and wider developments in the industry, and all other areas of knowledge as pertain to being an effective beer industry professional.
Goal-Orientation – This position will be evaluated in terms of specified monthly goals for sales in dollars and units, as well as accrual of new accounts and placements.
Strong written and oral communication skills are required. Competency with Excel and Google Sheets is expected.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Solicit sales from a range of customers including package stores, bars, restaurants.
- Seek out and establish new accounts within territory.
- Route Scheduling : Meet with buyers and be physically present for all accounts on a regular basis.
- Orient work toward fulfilling set monthly goals for total sales and new accounts
- Maintain awareness of current and incoming products and pricing.
- Accounts Receivable : Support bookkeeping department by communicating with accounts regarding balances and payments due. Collect payment from accounts as requested or required.
- Monitor and respond to all communications in a timely and helpful manner.
- Maintain current list of contacts and notes for all accounts.
- Public tastings and industry events as required. These events may take place on the weekends or outside of regular business hours.
This is a full-time salaried position requiring 40+ hours/week. Compensation includes a base annual salary in addition to monthly sales commission and assorted incentives.
Medical insurance covered, dental insurance offered, paid vacation/personal time, paid holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: range depending on experience