Director of Sales
Flying EmbersApply for this Job
Flying Embers, an employee-owned company, is seeking a Director of Sales to lead our business in Southern CA and HI. For the right person, this is a unique opportunity to help build Flying Embers as the leader in the better-for-you alcohol space.
- Develop & execute strategic sales/distribution plans with Southern CA / HI distributor partners to drive market share and revenue growth.
- Train, coach & mentor Flying Embers sales team members in San Diego and Orange County.
- Build & maintain strong relationships with distributor & retail partners.
- Prepare business reviews and selling presentations for distributor & customer meetings.
- Manage product inventory, transfer requests and new orders on a weekly basis.
- Analyze internal sales reports & category insights to identify opportunities and make strategic business decisions.
- Work closely with distributors and internal team to ensure execution of new distribution and promotional activity.
- Work with the sales leadership team to build an annual sales plan and provide monthly updates on progress against the plan.
- Actively participate in crew drives and market visits in key markets.
- Execute against national and regional chain mandates and authorizations in conjunction with distributor partners.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven and successful sales management track record within the beer and/or CPG space
- Established relationships with distributor and retail partners in Southern CA and HI
- Must be an analytical thinker and data-driven; strong data analysis skills and experience working with relevant data
- Start-Up Experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills with external customers, peers, supervisors, and internal supporting departments
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
Supervisor: VP Sales - West
Location: San Diego
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Minimum Experience: 3-5 Years
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.