Operations Manager - Diageo Lebanon Distillery
DiageoApply for Job
Diageo's purpose is to celebrate life every day, everywhere. The Diageo Lebanon Distillery is the newest addition to Diageo’s North American distillery portfolio. The Bulleit brand is undergoing significant growth and this is a key role in ensuring we continue to craft high quality whiskey to meet consumer demands.
The Diageo Lebanon Operations Manager is responsible for the distillery, distillers dried grains plant (DDG) and warehousing operations. This proactive position leads a combined operator/mechanic team to deliver high quality bourbon and highly efficient operations. Applicants will be required to master the entire bourbon production process. This role reports directly to the Diageo Lebanon Site Director.
- Drive a culture of safety ownership, with a continuous focus on improving safe work practices
- Work to eliminate safety hazards, respond quickly to any safety issues, and ensure continued safe operation
- Lead a diverse, highly engaged operator/mechanic staff responsible for all aspects of distillation, dry house and warehousing operations for continuous operations in a safe, quality focused atmosphere.
- Develop, support, and implement consistent approaches relating to Key Performance Indicators of productivity, safety, and quality.
- Deliver the distillation plan, to ensure the supply of the highest quality whiskey.
- Drive employee engagement and develop and sustain a continuous improvement culture.
- Produce significant technical contributions to process improvement initiatives while participating within a cross-functional team
- Lead sensory taste panel for whiskey distillate and be able to adjust distillation process to meet predetermined quality standards
- In coordination with Site Planner, schedules and sequences assignments for work activities, based on work
priority, scope, and skill of personnel.
- Develop and grow teams through creation and execution of annual training plans
- Support Diageo’s industry leading environmental initiatives on reducing water, power and steam usage.
- Develop and execute budgets focused on labor, maintenance, utilities and consumables
- Continuously seeks improvements or ways to decrease costs in order to deliver the most efficient operation.
- Keep current on TTB and EPA rules and regulations
Required Education and Experience
- 5-15 years’ experience in a Distillery Manager/Supervisor role
- Bachelors’ Degree in Science, Engineering or related degree. Will consider military with relevant experience.
- Distillery and dry house troubleshooting experience strongly desired
- Experience developing distillation schedules and managing budgets
- Strong applicable mathematics and chemistry knowledge.
- Intense sense of ownership of entire bourbon production process.
- Proficient computer literacy with ability to utilize the Microsoft Office Suite. SAP experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player, must be able to establish rapport with all team members
- Strong analytical skills and capabilities
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills. Ability to simply explain complex issues
- Ability to work in fast-paced, agile and flexible environment with changing priorities
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and safety requirements.