Director of Sales - West
Scott & Jon'sApply for this Job
At Scott & Jon’s®, we’re a fast scaling brand currently sold in 10,000+ stores nationwide, on a mission to create delicious frozen meals without the added guilt. Our recipes are INDULGENT, UNDER 300 CALORIES and made with SIMPLE, WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS. Founded by two brothers from Maine with big appetites and healthy lifestyles, our entrees are filled with decadent flavors like Shrimp Risotto, Shrimp Scampi and Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini. We recently launched Frozen Steamable Meals, the first-ever complete meal which steam cooks in a specially-designed, microwaveable bag. Scott & Jon’s products are found in retailers nationwide in either the frozen entrée or frozen seafood sections.
Scott & Jon’s is seeking a Director of Sales - West to help share our exciting line of frozen entrees with the world. This position is instrumental to the growth and scale of Scott & Jon’s business in alignment with the corporate strategy. The Director of Sales - West will be the key day to day point of contact in managing customer relationships, develop and budget trade promotions, and achieve overall sales goals while collaborating closely on shopper marketing programs.
This position will report to our Co-CEO and will focus on expanding our retail presence in supermarkets in the Western and Midwest USA by managing and growing current accounts and opening up new ones. This role may work remotely – preferably near a major airport since there will be substantial travel.
What You Will Do:
- Work with our broker network to directly manage and grow key supermarket accounts, including but not limited to – Sprouts, Albertson’s/Safeway, HEB, Whole Foods, Winco, Fresh Market, Fresh Thyme, UNFI, Kehe, Hy-Vee, Natural Independents, NCG, Rouse’s, Lund’s & Byerly’s, Dierberg’s, Schnuck’s.
- Manage and Direct our Sales Management team.
- Identify, pursue, and open major new retail accounts.
- Own sales cycle from beginning to end, including contacting, pitching, and negotiating for major new business.
- Oversee week-to-week account management of major supermarket accounts.
- Coordinate with Co-CEOs, marketing, and operations teams to ensure a smart, strategic approach to retail sales.
- Develop and manage collaborative strategic partnerships and joint business plans with key customers.
- Define and implement account launch plans to drive sales, including initial trial, and meet both retailer and company expectations.
- Implement effective and efficient tradespend strategy, staying on budget and driving higher velocities.
- Collaborate with marketing team to set up and manage promotional cycles, and identify other marketing opportunities to support our category leading velocities.
- Maintain deep knowledge of frozen entrees market trends and pricing.
- Provide key inputs for demand planning - own the bottom-up forecast for each account owned.
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university.
- 7-10 years of CPG/food retail sales experience with proven success in attaining ambitious sales goals. Preference for experience in selling frozen grocery items.
- A genuine interest and passion for Scott & Jon’s mission.
- Recent experience growing a brand.
- A mix of large and small manufacturer experience in your background.
- Highly collaborative approach with ability to collaborate with all types of functions (R&D, Marketing, Finance, Strategy, Operations, etc.)
- Proven success working independently in an ever changing and often chaotic high growth environment.
- A positive attitude and drive to excel.
- Ability to travel more than 50% of the time.