Category Analyst, Florida (1046)
Geloso Beverage GroupApply for this Job
Workplace: Central, Florida
Geloso Beverage is a small business beverage importer. We offer a broad-based portfolio of beverages in key categories.
The Category Analyst works with and for the National Accounts Director and National Account Manager. This position requires some overnight travel. Desired location of residence is Central Florida.
- Manage & Increase brand visibility and sales;
- Strong leadership and representative of Geloso Beverage portfolio brands at all times.
- Work closely with category managers, operations, etc. to analyze business data and develop reporting to help monitor key performance indicators;
- Assess marketing program effectiveness, planogram effectiveness, and conduct trend analysis and produce internal reports that will identify and predict industry trends and potential changes to product mix;
- Develop product usage reports, analyze data and make recommendations regarding changes to product mix in accordance with market trends, customer purchasing preferences, etc.;
- Support development of the marketing plan/product strategy by providing customer and operational data to the category management teams;
- Implement a process for the collection and management of market research data;
- Identify reporting needs and/or gaps and recommend improvements to the company’s reporting tools as appropriate;
- Create and update reports to help translate data and analysis into key highlights/insights;
- Track consumer marketing budgets and analyze variances between forecast and actual results;
- Provide other ad hoc analyses;
- Develop planograms from PSA.
Responsible for performing independent research of market trends, customer purchasing history and operational data to determine product lines and modifications that will drive the direction of the company’s marketing plan. Analyze the research data relative to current product mix to create and recommend changes to the company marketing plan, such changes to include new products, suppliers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1–5 years’ experience in data analysis, sales & marketing in a related beverage business;
- Deep understanding of syndicated data;
- Proven track record of success;
- Knowledge of local beer/beverage preferably (beer) market;
- Strong written, verbal and public speaking skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Web-based reporting tools;
- Knowledge of and experience with Vermont Information Processing (VIP) a plus.
- Clean driving record and proof of automotive insurance;
- Position contingent upon successful completion of background check.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomatic, persuasive, strong negotiating skills;
- Clear communication of key objectives to staff to achieve goals.
- Hands-on approach with can-do attitude; problem solving; resourceful; ensure constructive accountability for actions; collaborative but decisive;
- Proven ability to manage distant and high-level relationships with distributor leadership and key retailers in multiple markets.
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com
Please indicate reference #1046.