BrickHouse Brewery & RestaurantApply for this Job
BrickHouse Brewery & Restaurant - Head Brewer
We operate a 10 bbl brewhouse and produce more than 800 bbls per year. This is a salaried position. The ideal candidate will be hardworking, mechanically inclined, and of course passionate about beer and beer quality.
The Head Brewer will play an integral role in the day-to-day operations of the brewery. The candidate will be proficient in all areas of production brewing including, but not limited to: grain handling, yeast management, wort production, brewhouse operations, fermentation, production scheduling, cleaning and sanitization, as well as troubleshooting and overcoming challenges. This person must also be comfortable working alone in a brew pub setting.
• Preferred 5 years of brewing experience in a commercial brewery.
• Formal brewing education, training, certifications, or accreditation are a plus.
• A thorough knowledge of brewing/process equipment including: malt milling equipment, brewhouse equipment, and cellar equipment.
• Proficient in Microsoft software - especially Excel spreadsheets.
• Skills applicable to general maintenance functions, including mechanical, and electrical are a plus.
• The ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
• Possess acute sensory abilities to ensure beer quality.
• Maintain and operate our 10 bbl brewhouse and related equipment.
• Ensure daily brewing activities are completed in a timely manner.
• Maintain the integrity and “true to brand” profile of all our core BrickHouse beers.
• Manage all consumables required in brewing operations. Ensure all raw ingredients (grain, hops, yeast, adjuncts, cellar consumables) are available per the brewing schedule so as to ensure no production shortages or stoppages.
• Manage inventory for chemicals needed for cleaning and sanitization.
• Maintain the brewing and packaging schedules.
• Develop new beers for our taproom.
• Record production and batch/lot data using log sheets.
• Capable of troubleshooting and occasional maintenance tasks.
• Identify opportunities for operational improvements.
Brewery Working Environment
The demands of the Head Brewer position are very physical in nature. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job you will be working over, under, and around machinery in tight and cramped spaces.
A good candidate will also need to be able to lift and/or move up to 160 pounds, be able to twist and turn repeatedly, be able to reach over their shoulders, and work in a standing, kneeling, walking, and crouching position at a steady pace for extended periods of time. The candidate must be comfortable working at heights of 10+ feet, while standing on a ladder. The candidate must be able to safely handle hazardous chemicals. This work environment involves indoor and outdoor activities in various temperatures and weather conditions. Adherence to company policies is a must.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Also call with any further questions: 631-475-9400. Ask for Tom weekdays 9am-6pm.