National Account Manager - Midwest Region
Odell Brewing CompanyApply for Job
About Odell Brewing
Since 1989, the culture of family and collaboration has thrived, fostering a brewery full of beer-centric people. It is this passion for beer that inspires Odell Brewing to create quality, hand-crafted and innovative brews. Odell Brewing is committed to providing exceptional guest experiences while making positive contributions to their co-workers and community through their outreach and charitable giving programs. Odell Brewing is the 23rd largest craft brewery in the United States and sold the majority of the company to its co-workers (now co-owners) in a combined management buyout and Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Our collective leadership and independence empower us to build a culture of ownership where we contribute, educate, and innovate, while keeping Colorado at our core. Always Better
The National Account Manager (NAM) for the Midwest (MW) Region will be responsible for building and maintaining the Odell brand culture through consistent sales efforts in on- and off-premise MW Divisions of Regional/National retail chains. This position will be focused on developing collaborative, long-term relationships with MW chain account buyers, and delivering solution-based sales presentations to increase distribution, sales, and growth of Odell Brewing within the Midwest Region. This position will be based in the Midwest Region with accessibility to a major airport.
Sr. National Account Manager
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Model the values of OBC at all times, including our commitment to inclusion, quality, profitability, our co-workers, and our community.
- Regularly communicate new item gains/deletes/swaps, inventory levels, programming, out of stocks, ads, displays, pricing, & sampling opportunities with the brewery sales team, distributors, and retailers.
- Work with Sr. National Account Manager to develop and deliver effective presentations which include IRI/data analysis and solution-based recommendations that will positively affect both on- and off-premise National and Regional chain accounts by growing new points of distribution in region.
- Oversee and assist in selling ads, displays, incentives, retail features and promotional activity with on- and off-premise National and Regional chain accounts in the MW Region.
- Track all sales programs, including promotional activity and new distribution, while surveying on- and off-premise National and Regional chain accounts for displays, distribution execution, and proper merchandising and pricing.
- Develop routine for oversight of chain reporting in order to maintain 100% compliance.
- Create and maintain profiles for the top MW Region on- and off-premise National and Regional chain accounts/call points.
- Work with Director of Sales and Sr. National Account Manager to create annual execution plan for the MW Region, including call frequency, product focus, POD goals, and in-store support.
- Maintain a consistent market visitation schedule throughout the MW Region to develop effective relationships with key on- and off-premise National and Regional chain accounts and wholesale partners.
- Perform administrative tasks as they are assigned (expense reports, monthly work calendar, establish distribution targets, conduct price surveys, etc.).
- Perform ongoing quality control of beer outside of the brewery.
- Participate in the MW Region mid-year and Annual Business Planning meetings with Regional and Area Managers in person or via presentation slides.
- Occasionally attend events, festivals, conferences and hand-sells to support overall goals of OBC.
- 3-5 years of sales experience required
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Effective distributor management experience is required
- Ability to build effective presentations and tell the story of Odell Brewing
- Ability to travel extensively, including car travel of up to 250 miles per day; 12,000-15,000 annually, and air travel up to 5 overnights per month
- Some night and weekend work is required – flexibility with schedule is a must
- Intimate knowledge of VIP, IRI (Armadillo Insights) and Nielsen. as well as the ability to identify trends and convey the information in a digestible format depending on audience
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Valid driver’s license in good standing is required
- Knowledge of and ability to successfully operate within various state and federal liquor laws is required
- Must be able to lift 35-lb cases, as well as maneuver and place 165-lb kegs safely using proper body mechanics
- Medical/Dental/Short & Long Term Disability/Vision benefits
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Profit sharing
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Weekly beer allotment
- Employee Assistance Program
Interested applicants, please submit your application, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com with “NAM - MW” in the subject line by August 16, 2020.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Odell Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.