E-commerce Manager for Saffron Road Foods
Saffron RoadApply for this Job
We are looking for a dynamic eCommerce Manager!
This is an exceptional opportunity with great upward career mobility at Saffron Road Foods, a leading high growth natural/organic brand, which is well established in over 25,000 bricks and mortar grocery stores nationally (including Walmart, Whole Foods Markets, Kroger, Sprouts, Wegmans, Costco, Target, Safeway, Albertson’s, HEB, Publix, Shoprite, Stop & Shop, Fairway, Giant). The online and ecommerce platform is an exceptional greenfield opportunity for the right candidate, especially given consumers post-COVID era’s affinity for D2C and eCommerce purchase occasions. Saffron Road’s mission is to explore international cuisines that combine bold flavors from around the world with high quality, wholesome ingredients which are better for the environment, better for the farmers, better for the animals, better for your health, and most all better tasting. Saffron Road. Journey to BetterTM .Ethos of the company is with a Team that is creatively driven and passionate about ethical values around social responsibility, sustainable agriculture, halal, Non-GMO movement, and clean label, healthy living products. Location is initially in Stamford, CT, but could potentially be remote.
Saffron Road is searching for a self-motivated and fast-learning eCommerce Manager to join a growing team and to help promote and develop Saffronroad.com’s Website, Amazon, Instacart, Shipt, and the BOPIS grocery click & collect programs, such as Walmart.com, Peapod.com, Target.com, Kroger.com to build and optimize customers path to online purchases. The right candidate thrives in an intense work environment and relies heavily on their time management skills to meet aggressive deadlines across multiple projects.
The successful candidate is proactive, exudes a “whatever it takes” attitude with everything they’re working on, and is constantly striving to learn new things. This position is an amazing opportunity for someone to learn about marketing in an environment that fosters innovation and creativity. The growth potential here is enormous, which means this position demands a candidate who wants to work hard and take their skills to the next level.
Essential Function and Responsibilities
This position is a digital “Jack (or Jill) Of All Trades.” They will be exposed to wide range of projects in all areas of our ecommerce division, however, their main area of responsibility, will lie is managing the day to day operations of the website which will include launching all website marketing messages, site and category merchandising, promotions and landing pages, site testing, content management, project management, competitive analysis, trend analysis, and some analytics (reporting). In addition, the person who fills this position will be tasked with owning specific projects, from start-to-finish, with a high level of accountability. While the responsibilities of this position are innately fluid, here are a few examples of the kinds of projects this person would work on:
· Build a D2C eCommerce site for the brand, deploying site builder platforms such as Shopify.
· Work cross-functionally to develop and implement a consistent online customer experience and identify opportunities to increase conversion, cultivate improved relationships with our audience, and to expand education and penetration of the brands digital online and eCommerce activity.
· Optimize eCommerce and digital marketing strategy across SEO/SEM, Website, Display, E-mail Marketing, Shopper Marketing, and Social Media, including execution of targeted online eCommerce and digital campaigns.
· Track and manage all website projects and schedules: owning the ecommerce calendar means you are the person ensuring holiday messaging, promotional messaging; new launches, site changes and more are uploaded and removed at the appropriate times.
- Assisting web team, design team, and retail sales team with product management: adding new products and merchandising the site according to seasonality, marketing messages.
- Loading onto IX-ONE product data and images for the natural, organic and specialty foods sector—especially with new item product speci?cations to broker, distributor and grocery/retailer partners
- Digitizing products on a GDSN platform like 1WorldSync to brand verify product content for supply chains, logistics, eCommerce or for synchronizing marketing data
- Launching promotions: working with our Teams and using technology/analytics to get the appropriate marketing messages, products, categories, and landing pages uploaded to the site as well as insuring PCI and ADA compliance.
- QA (quality assurance) testing our websites across multiple devices (desktop, mobile, tablet, etc.) and preparing design and functionality notes.
- Research competitors, industry best practices, web design trends and marketing methods.
- Scheduling meetings and acting as the point-person for all post-meeting deliverables.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced complex business environment
- Must be results driven
- Exhibits attentiveness to detail
- Demonstrated problem solving skills using logic and critical thought
- Willing to make key decisions with significant impact
- Ability to formulate unique and creative solutions to problems within a rapid development environment
- Proven team player with the ability to guide and influence cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree business, marketing, communications, or another related field
- Proven analytical capabilities in an ecommerce environment
- 3+ years of experience as an analyst or developing an ecommerce platform for a challenger food/beverage brand.
- You rely on numbers, data, and quantitative analysis to guide the ecommerce platform.
- Experience using analytics tool such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.
- Expertise and knowledge in using Excel to develop reports and visualize data
- Web optimization experience (SEO, A/B testing) preferred
- Experience at setting up online or D2C turnkey grocery platforms such as Shopify, or Syndigo
- Experience with grocery retailers BOPIS programs and Click & Collect operations
- You didn’t just Google what BOPIS stands for
- Experience with email marketing, SEM and other digital marketing traffic driving initiatives is a plus
- Experience with launching and marketing products on Amazon, either directly or through an agency.
- CPG/Frozen Food or Food Perishables eCommerce experience also a plus.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary and Benefit plans
- Stock Option Plan—annual awards based on both performance and tenure
- Generous annual cash bonuses pegged to specific KPI’s
- Healthcare Plan including health/dental/vision/mental insurance
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan – immediate eligibility
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid time off and flex hours
- Paid holidays
Saffron Road Foods. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: email@example.com
Aygul Gara Dashly