Logistics and Procurement Manager
Lawson's Finest Liquids, LLCApply for Job
The mission statement of Lawson’s Finest Liquids reads in part, “to provide beers of the highest quality and freshness.” We are seeking the right people to assist us in keeping that a reality. This position reports directly to the Operations Director and works closely with the Sales, and Brewery Operations Directors to ensure all logistics and movements of materials from raw ingredients to packaged goods are properly scheduled, routed, inventoried and accounted for.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a passion for the brewing industry with some experience in the food or beverage industries.
- Has excellent communication and computer skills.
- Works well under pressure and excels at problem solving and identifying solutions quickly
- Is well organized, detail oriented, and has strong follow through with tasks.
- Is highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and experience with ERP and MRP systems
- Displays good time management skills and is a self-starter.
- Arrange all freight shipments of finished beer products from Lawson’s Finest brewing locations at Stratford, CT, (Two Roads Brewing “TRB”) and Waitsfield, VT, to wholesalers.
- Work closely with the Operations Director, The Beer Guy (VT wholesale distributor), and LFL Warehouse Manager to coordinate shipping and receiving of all incoming deliveries and daily outbound Beer Guy distribution.
- Work closely with the Sales Director to confirm weekly allocations and timing of finished product deliveries to wholesalers
- Ensure direct daily communication with TRB Shipping and Logistics team
- Track and register all new and existing beer brands throughout our 9-state distribution footprint.
- Develop and maintain a compliance calendar for state by state brand registration requirements to ensure Lawson’s Finest meets all requirements.
- Work closely with the Sales Director to register NIF (New Item Forms) and new products for Chain Account Distribution
- Book and coordinate supply chain and freight shipments for TRB and Waitsfield incoming and outgoing raw ingredients, packaging materials, and other products
- Work closely with the Brewing director to procure and account for all materials needed at our brewing locations.
- Perform regular accurate inventories and reconcile inventories for finished goods, raw materials, packaging materials across multiple locations and ensure accurate entry in our ERP systems.
- Work closely with TRB and Operations Director to ensure inventory of hops, yeast and packaging products are available for planned production
- Enter movements of products/materials, depletion of raw goods, and creating PO’s for purchasing in Vicinity (ERP software platform),
- Review purchase orders and shipment contents prior to releasing them for shipment as well as when receiving product. Attention to detail is key.
- Contribute to and drive continual innovation and process improvement.
- Inform the Directors of Sales, Operations, and Brewing of issues and the resolutions.
- Follow all company policies as detailed in the employee handbook - attendance, safety, IT protocols, etc.
- Assist other departments or perform other tasks as needed.
Requirements & Expectations:
- You must thrive working independently and have a positive personality,
- Must have experience with and high degree of competence in Excel and other software, as well as the ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in order to manage shipments and inventory.
We offer a generous total compensation package for the right individual. Starting salary is commensurate with experience and benefits include paid time-off, paid holidays, company medical, dental, and 401k plan with company match.