Victory Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Maintenance Supervisor, Victory Brewing Company
Working with the Victory Brewing Company team, the Maintenance Supervisor leads and manages the completion of the day-to-day activities, at the Downingtown brewery, involving the maintenance of brewing process equipment and the facility including brewhouse, cellar, packaging, process refrigeration, and distribution equipment, HVAC, building lighting systems, grounds keeping, restaurant equipment, security and overall facility appearance. The position supervises and coordinates the work of employees who repair and maintain building/facility, equipment and machinery.
Reports to: Brewery Director and Maintenance Manager
- Prepares work schedules, assigns work in order to optimize brewery up time.
- The maintenance supervisor is the first responder for equipment and building system problems. Ability to assess the situation and drive appropriate and timely responses are a key attribute of this position.
- Owns and is accountable for the performance all plant equipment.
- Coaches, counsels and manages performance of direct reports.
- Develops preventative maintenance programs for equipment and machinery and recommends pathways to improve equipment performance.
- Arranges and manages appropriate third-party vendor support as needed.
- Prepares budgets and secures estimates and cost quotes as needed
- Creates and enforces sound safety and housekeeping practices.
- Assist brewpubs with equipment repair, new equipment installation and general maintenance.
- Ownership of maintenance Goals/Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) which includes but not limited to:
- Percentage of planned work >85%
- Schedule adherence >90%
- Spare Parts Stock-out rate 1-2%
- Employee training (Technical and Safety)
- Researches and implements World Class maintenance practices in order to keep brewery equipment reliable in concert with practical human sense walk-downs of areas using sight, touch, smell, and sounds to identify changes in equipment performance.
- As an internal service provider, the Maintenance supervisor is expected to identify plant equipment issues and own corrective actions responsibly and with a sense of urgency.
- Production floor presence is critical in this role in order to build relationships and collaborate with area managers and operators to effectively solve problems. The ability to determine and meet the needs of internal customers is a key to success in this role.
- Work closely with production planning to coordinate maintenance and project work in a manner that minimizes production downtime.
- Communicate effectively with internal customers on the status of jobs and ensures that equipment is turned over to operations fit for production.
- Provide effective solutions to technical problems using Root Cause Analysis (RCA) methodologies.
- Manage highly skilled Maintenance team including hiring, appraising and ensuring timely development of technical skills.
- Coordinate all maintenance labor, including contracting labor outside the department or site.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager to manage department budget including project, equipment and skilled resources.
- Ability to use electronic maintenance work order system to review work requests, identify required stock and non-stock materials, ensure availability, performs review of work orders to verify completion, and maintain departmental KPI’s.
- Participation in daily activities to understand requirements and issues.
- Coordination with venders to determine equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Assist in the procurement and installation of new equipment.
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering and/or Military or Trade School Training with a minimum of three (3) years of related experience as a maintenance supervisor in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in plant maintenance with knowledge of technical craft skills (electrical, plumbing, advanced mechanical, HVAC, and/or multi-stage refrigeration systems).
- Must be able to function in a team-based empowered culture
- Must possess the ability to work independently and effectively with peers, and display strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge and experience in automation, PLCs (Programmable Logic Controller) and HMI’s (Human Machine Interface)
- Ability to obtain bids, reviews contracts, negotiate business arrangements.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; climb ladders and similar physical activities.
- Proficiency in computer systems and applications including but not limited to: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), CMMS.
- Extensive industrial electrical experience involving utility systems, with a strong knowledge of air compressors, chillers, boilers, water systems, Building Automation Systems, waste water systems and HVAC systems.
- Must have experience documenting maintenance and repair activities.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong planning, scheduling, and time management skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles, corrosive chemicals, and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme outside weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing. The employee must frequently lift or move items over 50 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a fulltime position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position is based at the Downingtown brewery and will occasionally need to travel to the Parkesburg Brewery.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer