Repair & Maintenance Technician
Karl Strauss Brewing CompanyApply for Job
The Repair and Maintenance Technician performs repair and preventative maintenance on brewing and fermentation, production and packaging equipment at all company locations. They maintain and ensure the efficient operation of the physical plant and the supply and distribution of utilities and the utility equipment including but not limited to water, electricity, gas, steam, and wastewater. Their work is performed under the direction of various department heads and must be scheduled, organized, planned and communicated to those various department heads regularly. They oversee outside equipment and service vendors related to maintenance and service projects. They research and document complete preventative maintenance plans for various types of equipment.
Facility & Equipment Management
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, conveyor systems, production machines, and equipment using testing instruments, hand and power tools, and precision-measuring instruments.
- Installs functional and structural parts in devices or equipment. Repairs electrical equipment as needed.
- Develops and implements Preventative Maintenance (PM) plans to ensure the reliable equipment operation. Performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Oversees and manages various equipment projects (new and existing) including specification, procurement, installation, startup and ongoing operation.
- Performs facility maintenance & repair duties, determines priority and schedule incorporating input from various department.
- Determines optimum use of resources to achieve projects, research, establish primary contact with and oversee work of outside vendors that will perform more complicated, specialized, or labor-intensive tasks.
- Defines costs, schedules and work required for all projects.
- Manages appropriate communication with any packaging team members affected by project work.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analytical skills and thorough research skills
- Extremely well-organized; structured approach to a work plan
- Multi-tasker; be able to track and complete numerous concurrent projects.
- Persistent and focused on tasks at hand
- High-quality standards
- Strong, clear and effective communicator
- A consistently positive attitude.
- Detail-oriented, thorough, calculated approach to troubleshooting
- Flexible with schedule.
- Work well in a collaborative environment with multiple departments, individuals, and outside customers.
- Experience with HVAC, boilers, chillers, electrical, plumbing, gas and must have experience packaging/brewing equip.
- Minimum 4 years of previous maintenance experience
- Ability to operate small tools and mechanical equipment
- Minimum High School diploma required
- Trade or technical school degree preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member works in various settings ranging from corporate offices, production plants and even high-volume restaurants. The noise level may be disruptive at times. There may be lifting required of up to 75+ pounds. This position’s responsibilities include the use of ladders and machinery maintenance and operation, which require safety precautions in accordance with company policy and OSHA standards.