Hacienda Beer Co.Apply for this Job
Job Title: Brewer
Hours: Full Time
Location: Hacienda’s Brewery in Baileys Harbor, WI
Reports To: Head of Production
Hacienda Beer Co. is seeking an experienced brewer for immediate hire to join our small production team in Baileys Harbor, WI. We are looking for someone with experience and uncompromising commitment to quality and continuous improvement with exceptional motivation and excellent professionalism in the face of a demanding and fast-paced production environment. All applicants must be willing to move to Door County, WI—a picturesque area along Lake Michigan in Northern Wisconsin that has a heavy influx of seasonal residents. This position requires flexibility to assist where needed and can provide many growth opportunities in the future.
We brew beer on a 15-bbl QTS brewhouse and cellar with 15- and 30-bbl fermenters. We also have an oak program in a separate facility with a koelschip, 3 foeders and 70+ oak barrels. In just over two years, Hacienda has been named one of the 12 Best New Breweries of 2018 by Hop Culture Magazine, been nominated as one of the Best New Breweries in the Country by USA Today earlier this year, and won a Silver Medal at the 2019 Festival of Wood and Barrel-Aged Beer in Chicago.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
- Responsible for wort production on a 15-bbl brewhouse—including but not limited to raw material handling, milling, mash/lauter operation, wort boiling, cooling, and brewhouse CIP.
- Ability to strictly adhere to established recipes, processes, and SOPs—while providing suggestions on improvements.
- Assist in cellaring of beers—CIPs, sanitizing equipment, managing fermentation schedules, yeast harvesting, dry hopping, ingredient additions, etc.
- Assist in lab measurements—yeast counts, DO readings, gravities, pH, diacetyl tests, etc.
- Maintain detailed records of all work performed. Knowledge or previous experience with Ekos Production Management Software is a plus.
- Maintain warehouse and equipment cleanliness and organization.
- Assist in preventative maintenance of all brewery equipment.
- Assist in management of raw materials, chemicals, and packaging components.
- Assist in packaging as needed—canning, bottling, and kegging.
- Collaborate on new recipe development.
- Represent brand in a professional manner at both on- and off-site festivals and events.
- Prioritize safety of yourself and others at all times and strive to constantly improve the safety of your work environment.
- A minimum of 2 years professional brewing experience. This is not an entry level position.
- Experience in brewing a wide variety of beer styles—including but not limited to IPA, lager, Belgian ales, stouts, and sours.
- Experience in recipe formulation.
- Experience with brewery maintenance and upkeep—and maintaining a regular preventative maintenance schedule.
- Must be tuned in to the critical factors that dictate beer quality and have great tasting skills.
- Experience with barrel-work and mixed culture beer production (preferred).
- Experience operating a forklift (preferred).
- Ability to work within a robust safety culture.
- Must be driven by curiosity and be a dedicated hard worker.
- Must be naturally driven to remain organized and keep a tidy and clean workspace.
- Ability to work independently and manage time very well.
- Ability to work efficiently as a part of a highly collaborative team.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficiency in Google Sheets/Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to lift 55 lbs overhead.
- Able to maneuver equipment in tight spaces.
- Able to maneuver 165 lb kegs on the floor.
- Able to work on your feet for 8+ hours at a time.
- Able to work in tight spaces where twisting, reaching, and climbing is required.
- Able to work in a production environment where the noise level is usually moderate to loud and warehouse temperature fluctuates according to the weather.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Pay will be based on candidate’s experience and education.
- Medical and dental insurance.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- 401(k) plan.
- Numerous job-related perks.
About Hacienda Beer Co.:
Hacienda Beer Co. is an experimental brewing project from the owners of Door County Brewing Co., founded in 2017. We focus on creating modern, experimental beers—taking inspiration from our community and the land around us in Door County, as well as the constantly evolving craft beer scene. Every beer is brewed on our 15-barrel brewhouse in Baileys Harbor, WI and fermented either in stainless tanks in the same facility or in a variety of oak vessels down the street in our mixed fermentation facility. Through Hacienda, we are eager to push boundaries and challenge ourselves to bring you the most delicious and creative beer possible.
We have two taprooms serving our beer—our Music Hall in Baileys Harbor and our North Ave. Taproom in Milwaukee. These taprooms provide us with a direct feedback loop from our loyal customer base and give us the opportunity to tell our story through beer. Hacienda is distributed to select markets in Wisconsin and Illinois.