Lucky Pigeon BrewingApply for this Job
Lucky Pigeon Brewing is set in the heart of downtown Biddeford, ME. We are the first dedicated gluten-free brewery in New England. Our focus will be on creating a full spectrum of styles to provide the gluten-sensitive population in Maine and surrounding states the experience that craft beer enthusiasts love. The brewing system will be a 5 BBL semi-automated brewhouse with 4 x 5 BBL and 2 x 10 BBL unitanks.
The head brewer will be responsible for all aspects of the brewing operations, including recipe creation, production, scheduling, quality control, inventory management, packaging and cleaning/sanitizing equipment. This position will be a member of the senior management team, reporting to the company CEO and oversee one part-time cellar person. The successful candidate will have significant industry brewing experience, will be excited to work with alternative grains, adventurous with recipe creation while maintaining a solid profile of high-quality classic beer styles.
Essential Duties include (but not limited to):
- Beer production
- Inventory management
- Purchasing and procurement of all raw materials and packaging supplies
- Fostering relationships and working with suppliers
- Scheduling brewing operations
- Manage brew logs and brewery records
- Fermentation management
- Employee management of cellar person
- Equipment cleaning
- Preventative maintenance (quarterly, annual)
- Maintaining an organized, clean and presentable production space
- Communicating with taproom and delivery personnel on product availability
- Brand advocate
- Stay up-to-date on enzyme research and methods of alternative-grain brewing
- Training of new employees as we grow
We are a growing brewery with potential for responsibilities and career path to grow along with it.
- Commercial brewing experience of 3+ years
- Experience in recipe creation and writing SOPs
- Formal brewing education or degree in biology/chemistry or related preferred
- Passion for working with alternative grains
- Trained in sensory analysis preferred
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Highly motivated, self-starting and resourceful
- Strong decision making, professional maturity and impeccable integrity
- Strong communication, planning and organization skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and think independently
- Drive for continuous improvement of processes
- Effective time management
- Basic understanding of electric, plumbing and refrigeration
- Ability to operate safely and maintain a safe working environment (including chemical safety awareness)
- Must be physically able to bend, twist, and lift up to 60 lbs routinely
- Must be 21 years of age or older
Compensation and benefits:
This is a management-level, full-time position (salary commensurate with experience) offering competitive wages, and benefits including paid vacation, paid company holidays and health benefits and potential to earn equity in the company. ServSafe, Cicerone and IBD exam reimbursement, select conference and festival tickets, employee beer rations.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Lucky Pigeon Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.