Quality Control Manager
Plant Based Beverage ManufacturerApply for this Job
Quality Control Manager
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Vice President of Operations
Review pre-operational and operational inspections of all processing areas to ensure proper Standard
Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP) and Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP) are being followed.
Review and correct issues with management relevant to FDA and food safety issues, including written replies to noncompliance issues. Initiate and manage Safe Quality Foods program (SQF), serves as SQF Practitioner.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Conduct daily pre-operational and operational inspections of all processing areas to ensure proper
Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP) and Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP) are being followed. Implement corrective actions immediately.
- Conduct bi-monthly pest control inspections and perform required documentation. As needed, discuss program updates with the pest control vendor.
- Conduct various training programs like: Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) with lab technicians and employees on GMPs, personal hygiene, allergens, and food safety.
- Develop, implement and manage the Safe Quality Food (SQF) program
- Oversee corrective actions identified regarding food safety.
- Assist in monthly food safety audits. Perform yearly third party and internal facility food safety audits.
- Assist in the food label approval process according to government regulations
- Design and implement auditing and inspection training programs for key personnel relevant to third party audits and FDA requirements.
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends and best practices by reading relevant periodicals and articles and assess the impact of these changes to audit compliance
- Train newly hired employees on: food safety, GMPs and SSOPs.
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner. Report all safety hazards to management so that corrective action can be taken immediately.
- Good attendance and reporting to work on-time is required to do this job satisfactorily.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties upon request of the employee's supervisor or other managers.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Training - Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university)
Experience: Three to seven years related experience
Computer Skills: Ability to use Microsoft Office programs like Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Certificates & Licenses: HACCP certification / PCQI certification
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Color, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Hear usual warehouse and production floor equipment)
Sense of Smell
Sense of Taste
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (PPE needed in a safe food environment)
Ability to work in a usual lab, office. There is machine noise from the production equipment.