Finch Beer CompanyApply for this Job
Finch Beer Co. is an independent craft brewery founded in 2011 and on the near west side of the city in the Chicago Brewing District. We are seeking a full-time Assistant Brewer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for brewing great craft beer, possess at least two years of experience in a production brewery including wort creation on a 15+ barrel brewing system, be a team player, desire a long-term career in the industry, have a great attention to detail, and a willingness to go above and beyond. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily brewing and cellaring operations in a safe and efficient manner that delivers the highest quality beer on schedule.
- Clean and sanitize fermentation vessels while simultaneously managing ancillary aspects of wort production, cellar work, and area cleanliness and tidiness.
- Assist in clean and sour barrel-aging program, as needed.
- Assist with brewing and all other aspects of the beer program at our brewpub.
- Maintaining proper and accurate brew house records.
- Perform yeast handling including propagation, pitching, and harvesting.
- Complete necessary production paperwork.
- Receive and track inventory of raw materials.
- Be mechanically inclined.
- Assist and/or supervise with packaging operations, as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance based on established schedules.
- Serve as an ambassador of Finch Beer Co. outside of the brewery.
- Formal brewing education is preferred but not required. A science / engineering education is a plus.
- Two (2) plus years of brewing experience in a production brewery, particularly with experience in the brewhouse/wort production area. Packaging experience is a plus.
- Highly motivated self-starter that possesses a high level of attention to detail, competitiveness, and a team-first attitude. Problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to pragmatically handle challenges is a plus.
- Strong time management and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack.
- Comfortable operating with or in proximity to complex machinery.
- Work in an uncontrolled temperature environment with extreme fluctuations.
- Willingness and proficient ability to handle hazardous materials.
- Ability to lift at least 60 pounds and maneuver up to 150 pounds.
- Flexibility and ability to kneel, crawl, climb, and work in enclosed areas.
- Experience with Microsoft/Google Office Suite and EKOS brewery management software a plus.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Finch Beer Co. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.