Packaging Tech/ Cellar Person
Camino Brewing Co.Apply for this Job
Packaging Tech/ Cellar Person
Camino Brewing Company is hiring a Packaging Tech./ Cellar Person. We are an upcoming brewery in San Jose, CA that, together with our distribution partner, is expanding our reach in the South Bay and beyond. Inspired by our founders’ journey across the Camino de Santiago in Spain, where people from all over the world come together to journey by foot or by bicycle towards a common destination, at Camino Brewing we say “Beer Brings Strangers Together,” and we set out each day to create a welcoming, and inclusive space where people from diverse backgrounds and experiences can come together to celebrate life’s journey together. As a small, local brewery, we are committed to our community and to providing a quality product. At Camino it’s all hands on deck, and so this is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to advance in the industry, to learn a lot about brewery operations, and to become an integral part of a tightknit group.
Job Title: Packaging Tech / Cellar Person
Reports to: Head of Production
Hours: Full-time, salaried position. We are looking for someone with a flexible schedule who is willing to work occasional weekends.
Salary and Benefits: DOE
Job Description: The Packaging Tech / Cellar Person position is primarily responsible for the operation of our in-house canning line, as well as a variety of related cellar and assistant brewer duties. Along with being the primary person running the canning line, scheduling canning days, and making sure the beer is ready to be canned, this person will also perform a number of related cellar and assistant brewer duties including, but not limited to, cleaning and sanitizing fermentation tanks and kegs, filtration and carbonating the beer to the correct level, managing the cold box, filling kegs, and assisting in brew days at the direction of our Head of Production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary operator of our In-Line Packaging six head canning machine,
- Working hand in hand with the Head of Production and Head of Sales and Distribution to schedule canning days,
- Organizing and arranging for additional in-house staff to assist in packaging days,
- Maintains cleaning and sanitation in accordance with brewery standards
- Safely operates all packaging equipment and machinery,
- Performs QC/QA analysis including but not limited to can seam checks and seamer adjustments,
- Ensures that all canning equipment is properly maintained and operational for each canning run,
- Performs routine maintenance on all packaging equipment,
- Ensures that beer is ready for each packaging run,
- Logs packaging numbers into EKOS accurately and in a timely manner after each canning run,
- Creates and maintains SOP’s for all packaging operations, ,
- Maintaining a clean, organized and safe work environment,
- Cleaning and filling kegs,
- Responsible for CIP and preparation of fermenters, brite tanks, and kegs,
- Transferring, carbonating, dry hopping, and adding of adjuncts to beers,
- Yeast wrangling,
- Work closely with team members to execute and pass off tanks effectively,
- Logs information immediately and accurately,
- Assisting with a variety of tasks throughout the brewery,
- Minimum one-year prior experience in a production brewery, preferably working on, operating, maintaining, a canning line, and cellar duties. Canning line specific training will be provided.
- Good mechanical, problem solving, and communication skills,
- Ability to work well independently and on a team,
- Strong adherence to SOP’s and best practices
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Common sense
- A valid driver’s license
- Desire to be an ambassador of the brand and an advocate of our company’s culture and values in the broader craft beer community.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. We strongly encourage women, BIPOC, and other underrepresented communities in the craft beer industry to apply for this job. If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Packaging Tech/ Cellar Person"