Alcohol Beverage Compliance Analyst
Elenteny ImportsApply for this Job
WHO WE ARE
Elenteny Imports is not your traditional alcoholic beverage importer and distributor. After spending years in the industry, our two founders combined their knowledge and experiences, creating (i) a company that offers the services they believed the industry needed and (ii) a vision of wanting to make a positive difference for small businesses. And you know what? That company and vision boomed.
Elenteny Imports is a multifaceted, services business for wine, spirits, and beer importation and distribution. We work with companies who find delicious alcoholic beverages (both foreign and domestic) they believe should be available throughout the United States. We provide logistics, compliance, and accounting back office support for those endeavors, and we deliver top-notch customer service at every step of the way.
As a company, we hold ourselves out as a dynamic, experienced service provider dedicated to delivering innovative logistics solutions while pursuing the highest degree of integrity and transparency for our clients and for each other. We expect each member to do the same.
You will join our small group of miracle workers in the Compliance Department. The US is a complex maze of state regulations for alcohol, and we help navigate it. You’ll work on a multitude of tasks, including state brand registrations, monthly tax reports, solicitor permits, license renewals, and data maintenance. There’s a lot of paperwork, updating of records, and email correspondence with customers. You’ll collaborate with Elenteny Imports’ other departments to ensure best compliance practices. It’s an entry level position so you don’t need to come to us knowing the alcoholic beverage rules; however, you must be confident that you can learn, interpret, and explain them. The Compliance team is responsible for clear, transparent, effective communication about complex issues. You must be able to identify and draw lines in the sand, sometimes delivering disappointing messages.
Compliance demands high organization, meticulous attention to detail, constant data maintenance, excellent research skills, the ability to comprehend and apply state regulations, and efficiency. Additionally, every position here requires good judgment and a willingness to act as a professional liaison who exudes customer service. Everyone, including our fellow coworkers and surrounding neighbors, deserves our customer service oriented attitudes.
- Prioritize and complete compliance requests concerning alcoholic beverage products
- Research, analyze, and review federal and state regulations to ensure compliance of transactions
- Recognize and identify potential issues and propose solutions
- Meticulously document and organize information
- Follow and improve upon processes or procedures
- Obtain and maintain state licenses and permits
- Respond to internal and external inquiries in a timely fashion
- Communicate with state administrators, customers, and TEI members to determine necessary compliance steps
- Complete monthly state shipment reports and tax reports
- Collaborate with team members on state compliance projects (group and individual)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 1-2 years professional experience
- Able to self-start, prioritize, and take direction
- Experience with critical thinking
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research and analytical capabilities
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent time management abilities
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment and meet deadlines
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work with different technologies and a continuously changing atmosphere
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Interest in contributing bright ideas and growing with our company
- Proficient in Apple/MAC computers, Word, Excel
- Competitive salary, based on your skills
- Health insurance contribution
- Professional development job training
- Opportunity to grow your career in a rapidly growing company
- An entrepreneurial company full of accomplished professionals with diverse backgrounds
- Flexible vacation/time-off program
- Legendary Holiday party
If you want to be part of Elenteny Imports and believe that you can excel at this position, please send us your resume and a genuinely written cover letter addressed to our Compliance Manager, explaining your interest in the position and how it aligns with your professional mission. Additionally, please include your salary requirements and the number “10” (typed or written) at the bottom right corner of your cover letter.