Ark FoodsApply for this Job
Come join a fast-growing food brand that is revolutionizing what we eat. Ark Foods is a modern-day farming company that creates simple, fresh, and exciting food. From our plant-based veggie bowls to the specialty vegetables that we grow at our farm locations up and down the East Coast, Ark Foods is rethinking modern agriculture from the ground up.
You can find our branded products in Whole Foods, Walmart, Costco, and other leading retailers across the USA.
Ark Foods is seeking an Operations Manager to join our talented team. This role will touch many parts of our sophisticated, vertically integrated supply chain, from vegetable seeds, to product packaging, labor management, KPIs and other data analysis, all in the name of supporting the company during a continued period of fast growth. This role is dynamic, but will have core responsibilities that are essential to the day-to-day operation of the company.
This role will report to our Director of Operations, and will include substantial direct collaboration with other key team members, including our COO, sales and marketing teams, and the rest of our talented operations team.
Key Work Streams
- Aggregate and analyze critical streams of sales and operations data from our current self-built ERP system
- Write and disseminate weekly and monthly reports directly to C-suite and company leadership to help inform key decision making and strategy
- Socialize key insights across sales, marketing, and operations teams
- Manage local payroll and labor efficiency metrics for our Florida operation
- Own Ark Foods resource management system, including weekly packaging and production input reconciliations, communication with our on-the-ground teams to track inventory, and large-scale purchasing of production inputs
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for our general operations to reduce cost, save time, and improve customer order accuracy and quality
- Provide additional support and leadership on many key projects company wide, such as onboarding with new customers, logistics, operational elements of product development, etc.
- Assist our Director of Operations and COO with planting schedules, seed procurement, and early plant cultivation management
- Help to manage our philanthropic and product donation efforts to multiple charitable partners
- Comfort and fluency with large data sets and complex analyses
- Outstanding communication and organization skills
- Advanced proficiency with Excel / Google Sheets
- Willingness to do the small things, and confidence to do the big things
- Comfort with ambiguity and very fast pace
- Desire to learn more, and collaborate with a world-class team of colleagues
In Your Favor
- Love of food
- Prior experience in a small company and / or fast-paced environment
- Experience with...
- ... young brands or products
- ... vegetables
- ... agriculture
Based in Brooklyn, NY (job will be remote to start, given current pandemic)
All the specialty veggies you can eat!
About Ark Foods
We are a modern-day farming company that creates simple, fresh, and exciting food. We believe there’s magic in growing and eating vegetables and we work every day to share this feeling with the world. We’ve built our own ecosystem and are deeply involved at every stage of production, from purchasing the highest quality seeds to growing crops responsibly, and producing imaginative food that, in any form it might take, will be remarkable.
Ark Foods is known for popularizing shishito peppers, but now offers a full suite of branded veggie products, including our specialty pepper line, our heat-and-eat veggie bowls, even pepper cooking kits and squash snack packs. We operate three production facilities up and down the East Coast, including a fully operational fresh cut facility in New Jersey, and are in a period of rapid growth, with revenue and headcount more than doubling every single year.