Food Safety & Quality Control Practitioner
Boston's Best Coffee RoastersApply for this Job
Food Safety Practitioner & Quality Control Manager
In this role, you will be responsible for the coordination, maintenance, record-keeping, and adherence to all relevant food safety standards, primarily SQF and FDA guidance. This includes communication and follow-up on policies and policy updates, documentation and procedures; and facilitating the solution to any food safety procedural problems or incidences.
- Serve as the site Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Practitioner
- Maintain food safety documents, database, records, binders & filing
- Corrective Action and Preventative Measures – assist with logging and tracking of non-compliance and food safety incidences, conduct investigations, coordinate follow up and bring outstanding issues to closure
- Provide food safety training, assist in development of training programs, conduct training classes, maintain training records.
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) - assist in the development of rules, conduct audits, maintain records.
- Assist with audit preparation, organization and follow-up for third-party, government and customer audits.
- Conduct routine audits of internal food safety program, product specifications and organics program.
- Record Maintenance– conduct routine checks to verify proper record keeping by Operations Staff
- Reports to Management– obtain, input, tabulate FS data and provide reports to Management.
- Other duties as assigned
- Quality control management
- Accountable for providing implementation, execution and verification of quality systems and programs ensuring product quality
- Quality control management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Will consider equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in a food safety, quality assurance in a food manufacturing environment is required.
• Comprehensive knowledge of general food-safety and organic program best practices, highly proficient in ability to document and work within GAPs, GMPs, HACCP, HACQP, SQF, SSOP.
• Working knowledge of local, state and federal laws and requirements to maintain compliance to all relevant statues and guiding principles (FDA, USDA, MIOSHA, OSHA, CFIA).
• Previous supervisory and management experience is a plus.
• Must be a high-performance team player with prior experience as a supervisor or in a lead role is desired.
• Proficiency in use of the English language with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally, present information and direction and field questions from managers, employees and external contacts.
• Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese preferred.
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. Need to be creative, adaptable and able to accurately handle out of the ordinary issues with a sense of urgency.
• Computer proficiency in MS Office– Word, Excel, Power Point
• Must have the ability to effectively follow-up and handle multiple projects with strong personal time-management skills and effectively manage associated stress.