Senior Analyst - FP & A
Brew Dr. KombuchaApply for this Job
Company Profile: Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, certified organic kombucha, in its 11th year of business, and is one of the nation’s leading kombucha brands. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006.
Job Title: Senior Analyst – FP&A
Purpose: The Senior Analyst’s role is to drive insights into performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends. This role will create recommendations to be presented to management and executives; develop financial and operational models to support valuation, planning, and forecasting; aid in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning processes; and generate ad-hoc reports and analyses.
Reports to: CFO
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Create reports that forecast financials monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Utilize various reporting systems in deriving data insights
- Create presentations for the board and senior management on a regular basis
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models
Candidate should have:
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively-heavy role in a consumer products company
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel; familiarity with data query/data management tools
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX / 365 ERP environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics or other related degree. MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of work in business finance, private equity, or other relevant experience
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.