Account Development Specialist (Entry Level Sales Representative)
McClintock DistillingApply for this Job
Account Development Specialist is an entry level Sales Representative position and is responsible for maximizing the sales and marketing of McClintock Distilling through effective planning, selling, merchandising and communication that permits achievement of company objectives.
This position is on-premise focused with some off-premise responsibilities. Position breakdown as followed:
- New Account outreach: 50%
- Key Account focus: 25%
- Promotional activity: 25%
The position is 40 hours per week. Night, weekend, and holiday availability is a must.
- Attain performance goals by achieving the distribution, volume, and activity goals set by management through; effective territory planning, selling, merchandising and communication aligned with company objectives.
- Determine specific needs of individual accounts by analyzing and surveying for opportunities.
- Securing new product placements, back bar placements, menu placements, negotiating shelf positions and executing displays as you continue to build McClintock brand loyalty and commitment.
- Scheduling, organizing, and executing weekly events; including dinners, cocktail takeovers, festivals, happy hours, and promotions throughout your territory.
- Educating consumers on our award-winning spirits portfolio while nurturing great relationships with our key accounts and obtaining new business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations.
- Successful sale, distribution, and placement of all products.
- Proper merchandising of accounts with permanent and paper POS.
- Conduct promotions in accounts on a regular basis.
- Develop new accounts and new placements.
- Maintain a schedule of weekly appointments with accounts in assigned area.
- Assist in the development and expansion of the product portfolio.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide product education and product sampling to consumers through demo efforts at pre-determined Key accounts.
- Ability to convey a strong physical representation of the brand with a well-kept appearance and high energy/positive attitude.
- Responsible for staying up to date with all company marketing initiatives/product information provided during staff trainings.
- 21 years or older to apply.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience preferred.
- Beverage experience a plus but will train the right candidate.
- Ability and willingness to work independently.
- Weekend, evening, & holiday availability is a must.
- Able to obtain a solicitor permit.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and a valid driver's license.
- Must have a cell phone with email/texting/photo capability.
- Some overnight travel required.
All applicants considered for these positions will have a background check and drug screening.
Physical Demands of Job:
- Carrying and lifting 45-65 pounds.
- Overhead and immediate reaching to perform various duties.
- Standing and walking for periods of time to perform various duties.
- Squatting or bending to perform various duties as assigned