Key Account Manager - Eastern US
Brewer's Supply GroupApply for Job
BSG international, LLC (“BSGi”) is the international arm of BSG. BSGi holds investments and partnerships outside of North America which serve customers in the beer, wine, and spirits industries in countries around the world. Brewers Supply Group, Inc. (“BSG”) is a subsidiary of Rahr Corporation (“Rahr”), a privately held, family-owned company established in 1847 and headquartered in Shakopee, MN. BSG supports the craft beer, wine, and distilling industries as a one-stop shop for industry related supplies and ingredients. Bevie is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BSGi with over 30 years in the home craft industry. Bevie’s vast experience in manufacturing, new product development, and sales & marketing extends globally into homebrew, home distillation, and private label manufacturing.
You are a passionate pioneer in the homebrew sector who knows how to navigate retail and distributor channels. Unafraid of charting your own course, you are ready to focus your sales expertise and passion for brewing products as our Eastern Key Account Manager at BSG International, LLC (BSGi). We are a close-knit team with a lot to offer as we continue our global growth and expansion. With us, you will have the chance to take your skills in consultative sales to a new level with top-tier, professional clientele. If you want to leverage your ability to build and strengthen client relationships while working in an environment that takes pride in our products, then join our company where your entrepreneurial spirit is supported, and your success will be rewarded.
As our Eastern Key Account Manager, your primary mission will be to lead the sales effort for both new and established business opportunities by identifying, developing, and strengthening customer and consumer relationships. You will be responsible for achieving the sales targets within your territory as well as working collaboratively with other regional Key Account Managers and the National Sales Manager to collectively ensure there are customer business plans, promotional activities, events, and operational support initiatives that make ranging BSG Handcraft products and buying from BSG HC that are critical to our customers growing their own businesses.
You will also be involved in new product development projects (from idea exploration through to implementation) as well as be involved in BSG HandCraft’s Innovation Forum – utilizing your product and customer knowledge to look for and consider new ways and new products to come to market. You and your colleagues will also be part of the wider global Bevie sales team with the opportunity to be a part of the solutions and implementation of our global products and customer initiatives.
Ensuring orderly and consistent contact with current and prospective customers, you will produce enough new profitable business to grow and increase the profit goals of the company. Working out of your home office located near a major airport, you will be expected to travel approximately 30% to prospective customers, industry events, and sometimes to BSGi company locations worldwide. Essential to this opportunity will be your polished and engaging communication style and your strong consultative sales experience within the gifting industry. Your ability to develop customer relationships, execute key sales objectives and help our partners achieve sales goals will be key to your success. Previous experience in the homebrew / craft brewing industry will be vital to your success as you identify business opportunities and concerns with the ability to develop appropriate strategies to address each.
Your role and the way you work with our key customers will be critical to BSG HandCraft’s ongoing success in the US and in meeting the growth ambitions that we have in the short, medium, and long term for homebrewing in this region. This dynamic position requires a self-starting, motivated person who possesses strong interpersonal skills and the ability work with support personnel. If you are committed to our customer's success and driven to exceed our company goals, we want to talk to you about the opportunity to be a leader at BSGi.
Minimum education & Work requirements
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a sales environment, with a proven sales track record.
- Relevant brewing and distilling experience and qualifications.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in business, sales, or marketing would be an advantage
- Computer literacy - extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
Key Account Management
- Work with the North American National Sales Manager to identify key customers in your territory and develop strategies to meet growth ambition plans.
- Work strategically with your key customers to develop partnership strategies for mutual benefit. Ensure each customer has an annual business plan, promotional programs, and appropriate call cycle (in person and otherwise to deliver optimal growth to their business with our products.)
- Provide training and technical support to your customers to assist them in enhancing sales opportunities for their business.
- Deliver sales presentations (new and existing products) to key customers and manage through requirements to bring products to market.
Sales Promotions & Events
- Work closely with the global sales and marketing teams to ensure close alignment of marketing activity and expected sales.
- Work with marketing to develop market activation plans for new and existing products, which also provide the sales team with all the tools they need to sell effectively.
- Represent the company at regional tradeshows along with BSG HC product demonstration opportunities to support customers and drive sales.
Global Sales team
- Contribute to global sales team initiatives representing your market and customers and their considerations in BSG HC’s global growth plans.
- Participate and actively bring to the table new ideas to the Bevie Innovation Forum – using your industry and customer knowledge to drive new product development ideas targeted globally and in your region.
- Deliver on the territory sales budget and assist with budget creation.
- Report monthly on sales targets and budget.
- Monitor spend and ensure it is kept within budget and is being effective.
- Manage relevant cost centers.
- Report directly to the North American National Sales Manager of any problems or changes.
Rahr Corp. is committed to the provision of equal opportunity employment for all qualified persons in all job classifications in recruitment, selection and promotion without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, military status, veteran status or any other protected status.