Quality Control Supervisor
Massimo Zanetti Beverage USAApply for Job
Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA (MZB-USA) is the largest vertically integrated coffee company in the US delivering innovative solutions for the home, office, and foodservice. Owned by global leader Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group, MZB-USA operates the largest coffee farm in the US on the beautiful Island of Kauai, HI. Our family of brands is known globally for exceptional quality and include Segafredo Zanetti Coffee and Espresso, Chock full o’Nuts, Hills Bros., Hills Bros. Cappuccino, and Kauai Coffee.
We’re looking for someone to join our Quality team who is as passionate about coffee as we are!Position Summary
Reporting to the Quality Control Manager, the person in this role will provide supervision of MZB USA’s Quality Control and Food Safety programs designed to ensure continuous production/service consistent with established standards. The person in this role will lead Quality Technician team members to ensure all Quality, Food Safety and Sanitation guidelines are implemented and adhered to. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong leadership skills & a knowledgeable background with HAACP, GMP, SQF, FDA and GFSI Certification requirements.Job Summary
- Responsible for supervision (management of time, training, development and performance management) of assigned QC Inspectors
- Assists in formulating and maintaining quality control objectives for the Manufacturing Facility
- Overviews and implements methods and procedures for monitoring work activities to include weight control, moistures, decaffeination analysis, sanitation, food safety
- Assist with Marketing/Sales requests for blend analysis and sampling
- Provide assistance to the Research & Development Dept. as needed
- Assist with customer letters and product mail outs
- Supports and act as back-up for managing of the Specification System
- Assist with supporting Lean Manufacturing and 6-Sigma
- Cup production roasts and finished product daily
- Conduct internal audits to monitor the quality of product and work with Managers to develop corrective action steps to correct deviation
- Assist/Facilitate Food Safety/Food Quality awareness training
- Collecting and compiling relevant quality statistical data is also part of the quality supervisor description
- Conduct and monitor the analysis/inspection of raw materials and final products to ensure compliance with set specifications
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, biology, or related field
- Minimum 3 years quality control supervision experience in a food manufacturing environment (coffee preferred). Formal 6-Sigma and Lean Manufacturing training preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills with ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Team oriented problem solver who takes ownership of their work
- Self-motivated individual
- Ability to work independently as well as maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization (inside and outside the company)
- Ability to use PC and widely used software packages, spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (MS Word), etc.
- Must comply with all Federal, State, Corporate, Warehouse and Food Safety standards, policies, and guidelines (i.e. HACCP, GMP, SQF, FDA, etc.)
- Must be willing and able to frequently lift 25 lbs.
- Must be willing and able to work in a non climate controlled environment
This is a description of the general duties and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It in no way states or implies these are the only duties to be performed. Employees will be required to perform other duties as assigned. This position requires ongoing training in accordance with the attached Job Training Matrix.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability / veteran. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment for our family of employees. MZB-USA recruits and advances qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, religion, marital status, military service, veteran status, political affiliation, disability, or any other status protected by law. MZB-USA also prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind and is fully dedicated to the safety of its workforce.