Ball CorporationApply for Job
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable aluminum packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 17,500 people worldwide and reported 2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
This facility will supply beverage companies throughout the US including craft beer, beer, wine, ciders, favored alcoholic beverages, energy drinks and other carbonated beverages.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Performs various manual or mechanical production functions by operating, adjusting, and repairing production equipment to meet customer specifications. Performs tasks and provides services to support the plant’s production goals, overall business plans and objectives as directed.
Essential Functions (10% time spent on these duties)
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies, and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Supports and follows guidelines of the food safety system.
- Performs duties as required to ensure compliance with the plant’s quality standards.
- Performs various manual or mechanical production functions by operating, adjusting, and repairing production equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Disassembles, overhauls, and rebuilds production equipment under the supervision of a qualified maintainer.
- Performs troubleshooting on production equipment as required.
- Performs preventative maintenance on production equipment as required.
- Inputs data on a computer terminal to identify, label, and palletize finished products.
- May operate forklift during routine performance of duties.
- Conducts inspection of in-process or finished product to meet customer specifications.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies required for assigned area.
- Rotates through workstations as needed for coverage, relief, and training purposes as required in conjunction with on-the-job training.
- May operate can line briquetter, end line baler, and slug accumulator.
- Initiates, reviews and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Supplies and maintains required hand tools.
- High School Diploma or Education Equivalency Required
- Job related experience for 1 year(s) minimum
- Troubleshooting skills/experience
- Experience working in an industrial environment
- Working knowledge of machine mechanics
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard manufacturing and plant quality techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Ability to learn operating principles and nomenclature of all assigned equipment and products
- Ability to learn nomenclature of all assigned equipment, products, and quality standards
- Ability to learn to identify product defects
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Ability to operate fork truck and aero lift
- May require forklift license
- Works in manufacturing environment
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices
Relocation may be available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans