Industrial Electrical Technician
Ball CorporationApply for Job
“We are growing!!!! As part of our growth plans, we are looking to expand our manufacturing capabilities within the Greater Wilkes-Barre area.”
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable aluminum packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 17,500 people worldwide and reported 2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
This facility will supply beverage companies throughout the US including craft beer, beer, wine, ciders, favored alcoholic beverages, energy drinks and other carbonated beverages.
Primary Purpose of Position
This position is responsible for troubleshooting, problem solving, repairing, and maintaining equipment in a timely manner. Work will consist principally of tasks and projects related to corrections of safety issues and improvements to workplace safety. Working with safeguarding equipment.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment, in accordance with the guidelines of the food safety system. This includes initiating and reviewing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility as directed.
- Installs, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains high-speed, industrial process equipment for can and/or end making, power, lighting, control, and PLC logic controls for all production process and control equipment. This includes: all electrical power (24 to 600 volts), automation controllers, transducers, proximity sensors, and inspection devices.
- Identifies inefficiencies and potential electrical problems and coordinates through supervisor to resolve.
- Diagnoses causes of malfunctions and corrects through field measurements and programmable logic control software. Ensures efficient equipment operation through proper line control programming and proactively suggests methods to improve line performance.
- Maintains effective communication and documentation through review of and entries to daily log books, updates to wiring schematics, and computer program change forms, (whether maintained on paper or Microsoft Office formats), as well as shift turn over meetings.
- Determines all supplies needed for each assignment.
- Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
- Work assigned schedule or 12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights, Monday through Sunday, working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes. Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- High School Diploma or Education Equivalency Required
- Electro-Mechanical Technology Degree (Preferred)
- Job-related experience for 3 years minimum.
- Rockwell PLC experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: nomenclature of all assigned equipment; industrial automation controllers, electronics, electrical-mechanical devices, transmission systems, interface units, AC motors, wiring diagrams and schematics, computers and inspection and digital devices.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard electrical/electronic techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of the operating principles of all assigned equipment.
- Ability to effectively instruct and train personnel.
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools.
- Supplies and maintains required hand tools.
- Ability to use electronic test equipment.
- Possesses an interest in and an aptitude for mechanics, electronics, and electrical.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- May require ability to operate a forklift and aerolift.
- Ability to differentiate colors and color shading.
- Ability to work with others.
- Performs general electrical work, i.e., conduit, wire sizing, pulling wire, and construction.
- Must display competent ability to wire, assemble, and layout electrical/electronic systems in an extremely neat and professional manner and conform to Ball wiring specifications.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to concentrate and pay attention to detail.
- Must have sufficient endurance to perform tasks over multiple 12 hour days.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Maintains awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- May travel to other plant locations to assist with projects.
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to withstand high ambient temperature at times.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Requires working with or near energized 480 VAC circuits.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- Works in confined area(s).
- Works alone at times.
Relocation may be available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans