Educator, On-Premise Hospitality - Washington, DC/Baltimore, MD
Enthuse MarketingApply for Job
This position must be based within Washington, DC or Baltimore, MD.
The Educator, On-Premise Hospitality is responsible for delivering brand, cocktail and bar operations education in support of a portfolio of spirit brands across a designated market or state territory, while developing trade relationships and driving brand opportunity with customers (on-premise account decision makers).
Reporting to the Manager, On-Premise Hospitality, the Educator will serve as a brand mentor to local trade and to Advisors on the agency’s local team. The Educator will represent brands at area trade-focused events within the designated market or state territory.
- Legal and Compliance Accountability. Maintain all legal and marketing code guidelines
- Trade Education. Impart brand history, production, taste profile, cocktail and bar operations knowledge to clients, distributors, trade and consumers
- Brand Representation. Represent brand(s) at local trade-focused events with education, mentorship, networking and tastings
- Education Content Development. Works with Division Educator to develop industry-forward educational content to share with and on-premise audience
- Customer Engagement. Drive brand presence, performance and advocacy in select on-premise accounts using strategic engagement activities and business-focused solutions
- Local Mentorship. Mentor local agency Advisors on brand knowledge, instilling and developing a passion for the spirits industry
- Social Media Presence. Utilize social platforms to support brand initiatives and showcase portfolio expertise
- Agency Accountabilities. Complete accurate and timely management of agency initiatives including:
- Budget and expense management
- All reporting responsibilities
- Tracking and management of performance data using agency-appointed platforms
- Participation in all internal training initiatives
- Point of Sale, asset and warehouse management
- Brand, market, competitive and customer insight curation
- Media training, as scheduled by agency HQ
- Cultivate Opportunities. As a local market industry influencer, seek out opportunities within the market for brand engagement with noted members of industry trade
- (Limited) Travel. Serve as backup for Division Educator on large-scale event and media requests within the division.
What Success Looks Like:
- Performance growth (exceeding goals) in on-premise accounts across market
- Delivery of program activities within the on-premise environment
- Growing presence on social media
- Positive 360º feedback from manager, Division Educator and local clients
- High rate of positive feedback from attendees of education seminars
- Share of success stories through strategic communications such that local progress is clearly communicated to and understood by both agency and client
- High rate of added value across territory (going over and above with our client partnership in the field)
- Expanding education knowledge
This full-time position offers a competitive base salary, bonus potential, and a full suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO and more!
Enthuse Marketing and Inspira Marketing are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
- 5-7 years of experience in the spirits or hospitality industries
- Experience representing spirit brands in a field-based or ambassador role
- Excellent knowledge of spirits production across several categories of spirits
- Established network of industry professionals within market
- Excellent knowledge of liquor laws, regulations, and rules
- Strong understanding and experience in cocktail culture and/or hospitality industry operations
- Confident and outgoing with excellent personal presentation and communication skills
- Ability to tailor communications for a variety of on-premise environments
- Deep understanding of market and industry trends
- Strong budget management skills
- Social media fluency
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel on an ad hoc basis including nights and weekends required
- Must have access to reliable transportation to travel to and from accounts
- Desire for mentorship and willingness to mentor others, contribute to team culture
- Bilingual (English and Spanish-speaking) a plus