Brewer - Night Shift
Brewery OmmegangApply for Job
Brewery Ommegang is an award winning brewery set in beautiful upstate New York. Committed to brewing both classic and innovative styles alike, the production team at Ommegang focuses on quality as they work to bring delicious beer to consumers in 46 states and internationally. We currently have an opening for a Brewer – night shift with hours from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform daily job duties including, but not limited to: CIP, malt milling, operating brew house, wort transfers, yeast pitching, fermentation monitoring, filtration, general cleaning, beer tasting.
- Prepare filtered beer for packaging.
- Start up and shut down of packaging operations.
- Clean and sanitize packaging equipment (bottle/keg fillers).
- Perform minor maintenance tasks to ensure a smooth work schedule.
- Monitor essential facilities (i.e. steam boiler, water filters, etc.).
- Follow established procedures for cleaning & sanitizing.
- Follow established procedures for safe operation of all equipment.
- Provide a safe, clean environment for brewery tourists.
- Complete OSHA required training & comply with OSHA required policies (i.e. permit required confined spaces, lockout/tagout, etc).
- Monitor inventory of brewing/filtering supplies, etc.
- Cover other shifts when required.
- Maintain communication with supervisor to ensure a safe & effective work environment.
- To a limited extent, the following may be required: forklift operation, bottling line & packaging work, on & off site festival work, account visits, deliveries.
- When necessary, overtime may be required.
- Desire to learn about Brewing theory and technology
- Good work ethic
- Attention to detail
- In-house Forklift Certified – training will be provided
- Ability to continuously lift 40 lbs.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work flexible schedule when necessary – shift work required
- Work with integrity and work ethically
- Must be team oriented