3rd Shift Brewer
Three Floyds Brewing CompanyApply for Job
We are looking for an energetic and dedicated 3rd Shift Brewer to join our Brewhouse! You will be a part of a team of Brewers who are dedicated to their craft and make some of the best beer in the world. If you fit the description below, we can't wait to hear from you!
Shift Brewers are responsible for
- Production duties including but not limited to wort production, fermentation management, filtration and finishing, and bright beer
- Ensuring that all beer is produced to standards and specification by following recipes and procedures as set by Head Brewer and Head Cellar
- Following best practice and safety requirements dutifully
- Maintaining healthy communication with other departments
- Having a well-rounded knowledge of brewing and beer styles
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have two or more years of professional brewing experience in a production brewery
- Experience with wort production as well as use of mechanical separator
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Motivated by a passion for the brewing and creating quality beer
- Comprehensive understanding of brewing science, production, and cellar operations
- Experience with Orchestrated Beer is a plus
- Experience with Brewery Automation preferred but not required.
- Brewer Certification or Fermentation Science education is a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time
- The employee frequently is required to use hands and bend and stoop.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 120 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
Physical Demands, & Working Conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee may frequently lift and/or move objects 55 pounds and navigate kegs weighing up to 120 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Some work may performed in the field and include manufacturing facilities, retail establishments, office settings or other related environments. May be exposed to temperature changes, wet or humid conditions, noise, vibrations, and other brew production related hazards when in the brew production and storage areas. *COVID-19 Safety Guidelines are in place inside the facility and we promote remote work whenever possible* EEO StatementThree Floyds Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Three Floyds Brewing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.