Sierra Nevada Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Under the direction of the Creative Projects Manager, the Production Designer is an integral part of the Sierra Nevada Graphics team , responsible for working closely with our Graphics Designers to prepare all graphics for print production and for working with our print vendors on establishing graphic and color standards for new and existing packaging designs. This position is accountable for maintaining the Sierra Nevada visual look and feel, while helping to advance and excel in the market by creating award winning work.
- Support the graphics and production teams by providing print mechanicals, ink drawdowns, and establishing print standards for new and existing packaging
- Work closely and collaborate with Creative Projects Manager to execute timing and resources for projects to complete on time and on budget
- Work closely with design team to apply company branding and guidelines to all graphics
- Prepares graphic production files for various types of commercial printing
- Works with ink vendors on establishing color targets for various products
- Attends press checks for packaging print
- Circulates packaging approval forms and oversees the approval process for packaging print
- Creates sample design comps for internal design review
- Additional duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Bachelor of Arts/Science degree in Graphic Design, Fine & Applied Arts, Communication Arts required OR any combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Three (3) + years of print production experience is required, preferably in a high volume, fast paced, in-house CPG company
- Experience working with food or beverage products is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and handle multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Must have excellent skills in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Must have solid, practical knowledge of the Microsoft Office platform, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have thorough understanding of the commercial printing process and technology
- Experience providing graphic mechanicals for a wide range of printing mediums
- Unwavering attention to detail and a strong focus on quality
- This is an in-house position based in our Chico, CA brewery.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Occasional travel required for press checks (averaging 2 overnight trips/quarter) and business-related day trips within a 4 hour driving radius
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The frequency of the below physical requirements & working conditions are represented as follows: Rarely represents 0-25% of the shift. Occasionally represents 25-50% of the shift. Frequently represents 51-75% of the shift. Constantly represents 76-100% of the shift. The regularly scheduled shift duration for this role is 8 hours.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the role, the employee is constantly indoors. There will be occasional exposure to fumes & airborne particles, work near loud noises, work near loud noises requiring ear protection and work near moving mechanical parts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the role, the employee will be constantly sitting, frequently walking, and standing, occasionally bending at the waist and neck and lifting up to 10lbs. Clear vision at less than 20 inches is required.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer