Quality Assurance Manager
Karbach Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
The Quality Assurance Manager will oversee a broad quality assurance program through rigorous procedures aimed at controlling beer from 'grain to glass.” The QA Manager works with a cross-functional team guaranteeing that all aspects of production live up to the highest standards possible. This position not only manages the QA program, but also serves in a technical role, as well, leading microbiological and chemical analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the HACCP/PRP programs, ensuring processes and documentation meet Zone and regulatory food safety requirements.
- Coordinate with Zone Quality Managers on Quality KPI reporting, incident management, and local roll out of new Quality initiatives.
- Responsible for overseeing sensory tasting panels to create quality framework/foundation.
- Work with production managers to ensure GMPs, food safety requirements, and brewing best practices are included in standard operating procedures.
- Maintains Quality budget, identifying opportunities to reduce spend while performing sampling plan requirements.
- Responsible for QA equipment procurement, installation and applicable performance management.
- Manage hourly lab personnel, routinely meeting with Analyst and creating individualized and thoughtful development plans.
- Oversee general chemical and microbiological analyses on water and the brewery environment.
- Oversee standardized laboratory test on in-process and finished beer, including wort and yeast.
- Accountable for all consumer, retail, and wholesaler complaint and product quality issues are met with the proper level of investigation and follow up.
- Engage with any cross brewing or repack locations to ensure product quality.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP preferred.
- Working knowledge of brewing specific lab equipment and procedures.
- General understanding of all brewing, cellaring, and filtration processes.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team-oriented environment.
- Thorough knowledge of basic lab techniques (pipetting, microscopy, and aseptic sampling).
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Brewing, Chemistry, Food Science, or related field.
- 3+ of beer or alcoholic beverage industry experience.
At Karbach, our beer is Crafted for Fun, and we think where you work should be too. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but you can be damn sure we take our beer seriously. And like our beer, we strive for our workplace to bring all kinds of people together. Whether our folks are brewing beer, operating behind the scenes, or serving in our pub, it’s their passion, grit, and attitude that makes it all happen. We make quality beer and hire quality people. Come join our Karbach team!
As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.