Pelican Route Driver
Pelican Brewing CompanyApply for Job
What Success Looks Like
- Your goal will be to provide excellent customer service to our world class restaurants, hotels, and other internal customers. Responsibilities for interdepartmental communication related to beer deliveries, draft line cleaning / maintenance and special internal logistics are all owned by you.
- You’ll have opportunities to improve current systems exist and our high-growth environment presents regular occasions to offer new ideas to optimize operations and improve the customer experience. Your position embraces these opportunities and ushers in improvement for this entire dimension of business.
- Relationships are crucial. All customers and contacts will know your name and you will know theirs. Creating operational efficiencies through relationship building is a cornerstone of our business model and embedded in our core values.
- Delivery Driver / Internal Transport and Logistics Ops
- Pick and Verify orders of Beer for internal customers
- Pick and Verify orders of raw material and packaging for operations
- Create an unmatched customer experience across all departments
- Do whatever is required to keep Supply Chain Operations running smoothly
- Pelican can provide for additional training, licenses, and certifications
- Draft Tech
- Create and Maintain regular schedule of draft line cleaning at all FOC properties.
- Lead maintenance and upgrade efforts for all draft systems in the FOC
- Manage fleet of kegerators and jockey boxes. Keep clean inventory and manage requests for equipment check out.
- Pelican can provide for additional training and certification
- Customer Service
- Above all, advocate for our customers
- Create regular communications with location stakeholders and check in to ensure all customers’ needs are being met always.
- The Safety of our staff, vendors and customers is paramount
- Receive additional training on safe lifting, equipment, chemical handling, transportation, forklift and warehousing
- Be respectful of everyone in a high-functioning, fast-moving team
Cicerone Certification (not required, can substitute with Brewery Experience)
Micromatic Beer Dispense Institute Certification (or ability to obtain in 6mo)
High School Diploma
1 to 3 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both
Brewery experience preferred
Mechanical aptitude preferred
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work is often done driving for extended continuous periods of time under 4 hours. Seasonal temperatures can create durations of cold or hot depending on the season.
Lifting/Carrying 130 lbs.
Standing 8 hours per day
Only for training, approx. 1 per year
Full time, year-round, hourly position. Medical, dental & vision benefits, vacation pay, discount card & 401k.
MVR, Background Check and Drug testing (pre-employment and random testing) are required.