Sales / Merchandising Representative
Dirty Hands, LLCApply for this Job
Who we are:
Dirty Hands is a leader in brand building in the Natural & Organic Food Industry. We represent a portfolio of high quality, health-conscious products from category leaders to new and emerging brands. We have dedicated ourselves to mastering merchandising and sales at store level and building brands in the trenches of grocery retail.
The Sales Representative will be in our Independent Natural Channel. This candidate will oversee a route that covers the Seattle route.
This candidate will develop relationships with store managers/personnel to achieve directed short and long-term performance objectives at assigned stores within a geographic territory. Activities center on wall-to-wall sales coverage including problem solving related to out-of-stocks, new item speed-to-shelf, schematic compliance, item and pricing surveys, promotion selling and product merchandising, resulting in incremental sales volume.
The ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated Sales Representative who will effectively represent our vendors and sell their products in Natural and Specialty retailers. This candidate must have experience in the Natural Products Industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sells promotional surveys for displays at retail stores and indirect accounts
- Sells incremental quantities for display of force-out orders and obtains maximum support for promoted product.
- Interfaces with targeted store-level/district level retail operations personnel to execute business opportunities and maximize sales results.
- Identifies and corrects voids.
- Ensures that new items are cut in as detailed in any new item releases.
- Merchandises products to obtain schematic compliance and/or best practices.
- Packs out shelves, rotates product, and manages unsaleable product.
- Resolves systemic problems related to out-of-stock/voids.
- Builds/restocks displays as needed.
- Utilizes consumer conversion tactics including: IRC placement, coupon distribution, recipe cards, and tear pads.
- Insures pricing compliance.
- Reports competitive price changes and promotional support.
- Communicates competitive and market activity to management.
- Sets and reviews performance against objectives with Sales Manager
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in Sales and/or Merchandising required
- Natural Food Industry experience required
- Candidate must have ample home space to store samples required for this position
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational and sales skills
- Basic Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to comprehend and use sales data in presentations
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of current auto insurance and be able to drive a car for extended periods of time
- Capable of meeting the physical requirements of the position including but not limited to standing, bending, squatting, reaching, repetitive motion and lifting 40-50 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to work in extremely cold environmental conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections of retail stores)