Director of Operations
ForA:Apply for this Job
Director of Operations
Location: Anywhere U.S.A.
Title: Director of Operations
Reports to: CEO
Hey, it’s Aidan and Andrew -- we’re the founders at ForA: and happy you’re checking us out. A little background… ForA: is a butter brand founded in 2018, based in the United States. For a lot of reasons, factory-farmed dairy butter and the existing alternatives weren’t doing it for us. So we made a clean plant-based butter that even French pastry chefs were crazy about and called it ForA:Butter. We are here to reimagine what a premier plant-based butter can be and the good it can spread. Read on if you’d like to join our team.
The Director of Operations will be responsible for the strategic development and management of all product operations for the high-growth emerging food brand, ForA. The position requires a leader who can make a significant impact by establishing both a strategic and tactical direction to further operational effectiveness. They will provide a comprehensive vision and organizational leadership to maximize the service from vendors, minimize costs, and maintain the high quality of our products. They will also be responsible for building and maintaining the overall plan for how ForA gets its products to their customers - both b2b and b2c.
- Provide leadership to management within production, production and inventory management, supply chain, and customer service - prioritize goals, provide guidance, and create cohesive working relationships company-wide
- Responsible for Supply Chain Management and Inventory Planning; Take an analytical approach to purchasing decisions to maintain a high level of order fulfillment, while minimizing the investment in inventory
- Lead the sourcing process, focusing on improving vendor performance as well as competitive bidding and supplier identification
- Create and execute production plans that optimize turn time and expedite merchandise through operations and distribution in an accurate and cost-effective manner
- Partner with key internal partners to determine delivery timelines for new product launches, develop action plans and ensure commitments are fulfilled to support rapid growth and maximize target market penetration
- Develop plans to control budget spending, labor efficiency, customer service and order processing performance
- Focus on the tools and metrics that maximize capacity and resource utilization, shorten lead-time, improve product quality and inventory levels
- Build & execute transportation and warehousing plan to support growth in retail and ecommerce customer order volume including needed tools & resources.
- Lead effort to optimize logistics network for appropriate cost & service metrics
- Manage fulfillment through online shop via fulfillment center