QC Tech 1 & Packaging Specialist
pFriem Family BrewersApply for this Job
DATE: October 1, 2020 JOB TITLE: Laboratory/Packaging Technician
EMPLOYMENT: Full Time WORK LOCATION: Hood River, OR
REPORTS TO: Laboratory Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly Non-Exempt
We are accepting resumes for a full time position that will split time evenly as both a QC Laboratory Technician I and as a Packaging Specialist.
QC Laboratory Technician I
This role will assist with all aspects of testing and analysis of brewery samples in the lab. A great fit for this position is someone who has previous bench experience working in a laboratory, a background in biology, an excellent understanding of the beer brewing process and an ability to perform precise work with a high-level attention to detail and cleanliness. The technician will work in collaboration with the Quality Manager to relay results or trends that are out of specification and initiate corrective action.
This role will assist with all packaging duties including operating bottling, kegging, and labeling equipment. He/she will be expected to work well with the packaging team to maintain the high quality of pFriem beer throughout the packaging process. The proper fit for this position is someone who is hard-working, has a good attention to detail, hustles and will work well in a busy but efficient brewery. He or she is self-motivated, capable of multi-tasking effectively, able to work with sharp focus and tidiness.
PACKAGING SPECIALIST QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to lift kegs, and move heavy pallets via pallet jack
- Safely operate a stand up electric forklift
- Self motivate and maintain a fast pace of detailed, accurate work
- Contribute to our obsessive cleanliness
- Solid references are a must
QC LABORATORY TECHNICAN I:DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Quality Manager in performing routine QC tasks and communicates testing results
- Assists in taking and analyzing in-process samples including: wort, fermenters, bright tank, cans, bottles, barrels, centrifuge, de-aerated water, etc.
- Performs aseptic sample collection and routine microbiological plating.
- Work safely and maintains a clean, safe working environment at all times; understand hazards and utilizes the appropriate PPE.
- Maintains all laboratory equipment and calibrates instrumentation
- Documents results of all tests and logs data appropriately and clearly.
- Upholds beer quality through adherence to good manufacturing practices, product specifications and tightly following laboratory SOP’s. Contributes to laboratory SOP improvements as deemed necessary.
- Assists in laboratory upkeep including: making media, stocks, autoclaving, dishwashing, cleaning
- Assist in preparing, organizing, running sensory panels as well as recording and analyzing results. Maintains warm and cold beer libraries in a clearly organized fashion for sensory evaluation at given time periods.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or a similar field is preferred
- Special Degrees or Certificates in Intensive Brewing Programs will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Commensurate with experience
- This is an hourly position, requiring 40 hours per week with weekend flexibility a must.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org