Northeast Regional Key Accounts Manager
Reed's Inc.Apply for this Job
Location: Northeast near major population center, Boston, NY, or Philadelphia
Company: Reeds Inc
Established in 1989, Reed's is America's best-selling ginger beer brand and has been the leader and innovator in the ginger beer category for decades. Virgil's is America's best-selling independent, full line of natural craft sodas. The Reed's Inc. portfolio is sold in over 30,000 retail doors nationwide. Reed's Ginger Beers are unique due to the proprietary process of using fresh ginger root combined with a Jamaican inspired recipe of natural spices and fruit juices. The Company uses this same handcrafted approach in its award-winning Virgil's line of great tasting, bold flavored craft sodas. Reeds has recently extended its portfolio to include all natural Virgil’s Zero Sugar Soda’s, the nation’s first and only line of Ginger Ales that contain real Ginger, candy, energy shots, and other significant innovations in the pipeline for 2021 and beyond.Job Summary
We are looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial Key Accounts Manager with present working knowledge of Northeast chain accounts. The individual in this role be responsible for driving increased volume and share within new and existing retail customers by developing and executing HDQ sales presentations and driving field execution through Reeds internal sales teams and DSD partners. In addition, the Key Accounts Manager will be charged with ensuring brand implementation and planogram merchandising standard excellence in national accounts (i.e. Walmart, Target, WFM, etc). The ideal candidate will be able to execute channel strategies and look for creative solutions to drive additional sales growth with existing and new customers. This position requires high energy, industry expertise, entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to thrive in a fast moving, high growth, results oriented culture. The Reeds team is here to win, and we a looking for players who can help us do so!
- Delivering plans by owning category reviews, new item sell-in, promotional calendars, and HQ relationship with defined accounts.
- Develop and maintain DSD and distributor relationships where applicable.
- Create annual sales plans, track volume and manage promotional spend/budget by account and staying within budgetary guidelines.
- Understand and utilize retail databases to sell with facts.
- Monitoring customer, market and competitive activity and provide feedback to company leadership.
- Develop and pioneer undeveloped channels of business (C-store, liquor stores, AOM, etc.)
- Own the trade by individual effort as well as multiplying oneself through distributor partners.
- Penetrate targeted accounts from HDQ through field operations to store level.
- Own the communication of promotional and merchandising plans with Reeds Team and distributor network.
- Ensure all sales efforts are in compliance with state laws.
- Submit and review a weekly account report, monthly calendar and sales planner.
- Be accountable to and deliver results on a regular basis. Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5-7 years progressive sales experience in CPG, natural foods, beverage with a demonstrated track record of success in Key Account Management.
- Working knowledge of Syndicated data and its application to building winning sales stories
- Significant travel Maine to Maryland as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft products.
- Self-starter, passion for brands and industry.
- Entrepreneurial spirit a must. Desk jockeys need not apply. “Not my job” not in your vocabulary. “Get it done now” must rule your actions!
- Candidates with experience and/or relationships with some or all Northeast accounts…Shaw’s, Hannaford, Tops, Big Y, Market Basket, Roche, Stop and Shop, Wakefern, Weis, Redners, Shoppers, Acme, Giant, Sheetz, WAWA, Quick Check, Royal Farms, etc., liquor chains, will have a significant advantage in landing this role.
- Candidate will report directly to Regional VP of Sales and relied upon heavily to deliver against both new and existing customers.