Regional Sales Director - California Territory
Brew Dr. KombuchaApply for Job
Position Summary: Lead sales efforts for the BDK brand family in key account management, distributor management, and retail execution.
- Build plans to execute the strategic objectives on both territory and brand levels, and maintain overall responsibility for growing total territory points of distribution.
- Manage the regional sales team and execute the strategic plan while meeting the needs of wholesale and retail customers.
- Ensure that the team achieves growth targets and account visits.
- Directly manage the team in all aspects of assigned sales territory.
- Establish distributor relations, attend launches, and grow distributor relationships.
- Complete applicable reports, monthly expense reports, and other surveys and reports as required.
- Develop the team as necessary, ensuring salespeople are maximizing efforts in the field.
- Manage the headquarters calls at all regional grocery chain accounts.
- Secure display/secondary space, shelf space, and share of cold box.
- Improve BDK location to either #1 or #2 in every account. Secure a second point of distribution in the store, building displays, end caps, resetting cold boxes, and increasing visibility through point-of-sale.
- Maintain positive business relationships and communication with account owners, managers, and buyers.
- Identify and successfully sell to new customers.
- Develop proposals for prospective customers and deliver sales presentations.
- Introduce and sell in new flavors and packages, including activities to support sell-through.
- Create and implement programs designed specifically for on-premise accounts.
- Conduct employee, distributor, waitstaff/bartender education seminars.
- Work with distributors to build awareness of our portfolio and programming.
- Assist in distributor BDK and Kombucha education.
- Partner with distributors to ensure the fulfillment of accounts’ needs.
- Work with distributor reps to open new accounts; sell in incremental flavors and packages, etc. by doing ride alongs / ride withs.
- Make sure distributors have enough POS materials and each rep has the necessary monthly amount.
- Build a trimester plan for the established region, break out the expected revenue by territory, and build a forecast for expected revenue, volume, and expense management within your region
Qualifications and Experience:
- Be an energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-disciplined, competitive, assertive, confident, goal-oriented self-starter with the desire to succeed.
- Be able to work independently and with the rest of the sales and marketing team to accomplish goals.
- Be able to manage a territory from a home-office base.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Have excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Be able to travel daily, work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- Be proficient with both email and Microsoft Office.
- Commit to constantly improving knowledge of BDK products, Kombucha, and the general beverage industry.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.