Area Sales Manager - Rocky Mountain Sales Territory
Brew Dr. KombuchaApply for Job
Position Summary: The Area Sales Manager’s core responsibility is to sell Brew Dr. Kombucha by maintaining and expanding the customer base, working with distributors, and supporting events, demos, and marketing efforts.
- Responsible for growing total territory points of distribution to achieve growth targets and account visits.
- Directly manage all aspects of assigned sales territory.
- Work autonomously to establish, develop, and grow a strong base of on-premise and off-premise accounts.
- Participate in evening and weekend promotions and assist with special events as necessary.
- Complete daily account visit reports, monthly expense reports, and other surveys and reports as required.
- Secure display/secondary space, shelf space, and share of cold box.
- Improve BDK location to either #1 or #2 in every account. Secure a second point of distribution in the store, building displays, end caps, resetting cold boxes, and increasing visibility through point-of-sale.
- Maintain positive business relationships and communication with account owners, managers, and buyers.
- Identify and successfully sell to new customers.
- Develop proposals for prospective customers and deliver sales presentations.
- Provide excellent customer service through developing a regular route/call pattern to book displays, place permanent point of sale, plan promotional activities, offer after-sale follow-through, and provide BDK and kombucha education.
- Introduce and sell in new flavors and packages, including activities to support sell-through.
- Create and implement programs designed specifically for on-premise accounts.
- Conduct employee, distributor, wait staff/bartender education seminars.
At Distributor Level:
- Work with distributors to build awareness of our portfolio and programming.
- Assist in distributor BDK and Kombucha education.
- Partner with distributors to ensure the fulfillment of accounts’ needs.
- Work with distributor reps to open new accounts; sell in incremental flavors and packages by doing a ride long.
- Make sure distributors have enough POS materials and that each rep has the necessary monthly amount.
- Ensure all equipment is ready to go out into the trade (stickers placed on refrigerators, etc.).
- Call on accounts independently; sell BDK products, fill out daily reports, and summarize the day via email to distributor DM and your regional BDK sales leader.
Qualifications & Experience
- High-energy, enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-disciplined, competitive, assertive, goal-oriented self-starter with the desire to succeed.
- Be able to work independently and with the rest of the sales and marketing team to accomplish goals.
- Be able to manage a territory from a home-office base.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Possess excellent problem solving and time management skill
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Be able to travel daily and work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- Be proficient with both email and Microsoft Office Suite
- Commit to constantly improving knowledge of BDK products, Kombucha, and the general beverage industry.
Candidate should have:
- A safe driving record.
- A valid driver’s license.
- A registered, insured, and dependable vehicle.
- The ability to drive to and from accounts continuously.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.