VP, Marketing - USA & Canada
ChocXO ChocolatierApply for this Job
Vice President , Marketing – US & Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia
ChocXO is an exciting new low sugar chocolate company based out of Vancouver, British Columbia. With over $20 million in recent capital investment and a steep growth trajectory, we are looking to expand our leadership team to support the rapid evolution of our business.
In the last fiscal year, we have:
- Launched our new low in sugar, organic, non-GMO, keto-certified chocolate line.
- Obtained national listings and record sales in “chocolate” category month-over-month in key accounts.
- Doubled sales year-over-year.
- Planned additional investment of $10 million in new equipment, including the addition of a highly automated 3rd production line to support projected future volume.
ChocXO’s leadership team is made up of industry experts with dozens of years of experience importing, making and selling high quality chocolate. We are now focusing on our new and successful low in sugar, keto-certified chocolate line, and looking to expand our leadership team to better support the development and execution of the associated marketing campaigns.
The Vice President of Marketing will be a key member of our Leadership Team, with a focus on successful brand management and maximizing the commercial potential of ChocXO’s leading consumer lines. We are looking for a passionate leader with a proven track record in building a promising food brand with experience from a larger natural food company. You are a team player and do not shy away from a fast-paced and hands-on environment. You are excited about our company’s steep revenue growth and already have ideas about how to hit the ground running.
- Build and manage ChocXO’s internal and external marketing teams and contractors.
- Drive our Canadian and US marketing campaigns and content strategy to increase competitive differentiation and equip marketing and sales teams to build, accelerate and convert leads into opportunities.
- Create, build and develop digital marketing programs, product influencers, and create a wave of followers that reinforce our steep growth trajectory.
- Manage external vendors to help accelerate on shelf listings and off shelf momentum.
- Lead internal marketing operations, strategy, enablement, and program management.
- Develop, measure and report on key performance metrics that inform the business.
- Support the collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data to inform short- and long-term market forecasts and reports.
- Lead strategically, drive performance, and act collaboratively.
- Interact with, influence and provide direction to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Be agile while managing expectations in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Ensure compliance across all marketing and communications channels.
- Master’s degree or MBA and 8 years of marketing/equivalent experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of marketing/equivalent experience.
- Natural Food industry experience, including with new/emerging brands.
- Experience developing and leading a high-functioning team.
- Proficient in developing strategic, data-driven brand plans and executing on those plans.
- Able to execute stakeholder and account segmentations to support the brand plan.
- Comfortable developing and communicating data-driven prioritization.
- Experience with:
- Direct-to-consumer and multi-channel marketing.
- Leading digital marketing transformations/change management.
- Targeted marketing programs (email, direct mail, text).
- Strong presentation, communication, and sales/persuasion skills.
- Industry sales experience (natural foods) preferred.
- Vendor management, including digital agency experience, preferred.
We’ve got passion for chocolate, and we need a strong voice to communicate that. This role represents a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, vision-driven leader to join a thriving corporation, build their own team, and develop a foundational marketing program that will support a rapidly accelerating emerging brand with the potential to change the way the world looks at real, natural, low in sugar chocolate that tastes great. If this role excites you, we would like to learn more about your qualifications!
ChocXO is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. However, given the on-site collaboration required with other members of the team, full-time remote work will not be considered at this time.